Lit up like a Christmas tree… Blinking like a cop (tail lights)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zydeco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I know the Rams have had issues on the circuit board behind each tail light. Would a bad board cause any interference/ feedback on the opposite side?

When I turn on the right turn and the tail lights…the left tail AND reverse lights blink.

If not the circuit board, any known places of problems?
I’m working on a 2004 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I've done the entire truck in LEDs with the resistors and worked through a butt load of different scenarios, but nothing that had the backup lights going too. Wish I could help, but I'm stumped. I don't believe it has anything to do with your light housings (boards) though, if that helps. Unless the right side is shorted into the backup light which will light up both sides. Time to get out the volt meter and figure out where the wild power is coming from. Something is firing up those bulbs. Good luck,

OP
OP
Z

zydeco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I haven't chased this down yet, but maybe I can test a suspicion.

The tipm.. (or PCM?) under the fuse box we think is bad. To avoid paying 7 or $800 to dodge for trailer wires … We just tied into a tail light wire.

Would this cause tfat kind of disruption?