Factory Projector Headlights & Factory LED Tails (change the housing/lights - not a bulb question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tacopimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2021 Warlock. It comes stock with projector headlights and LED tail lights. Most of the aftermarket housings/lights out there say they do not work with factory projector headlights or don't work with factory LED tails. My guess is it is simply because of the wiring harnesses that are used. Are there any wiring harness adapters that make it possible to use these? I already have LED bulbs in my projectors, and I have my tails tinted, I am just looking for something a little more modern than the old look of what icomes stock on the truck. Thank you!

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly… what are we chopped liver because we bought a Warlock. HUGE MARKET out there all you manufacture's are missing out on.. come ‘on man “!

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
recommend 880557 or 880541. You can place the order on our website directly. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are there any wiring harness adapters that make it possible to use these?
Yes, any of the Alpharex headlights or taillights can be ordered with an adapter for the Gen4 trucks that came with projectors from the factory. IRC the adapter has the wiring option to separate the DRL so they will operate like the factory if you change the programming with AlfaOBD for dedicated DRLs.

('19-'24 Classics including Warlocks can use parts for '18 model year trucks).
Alpharex Nova and LUXX series are all LED versions.

Papa Herb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic warlock
Engine
5.7 liter
I have a couple questions about the projector headlights.
I have a 2019 warlock w/ projectors. I been told the the leds with the cooling fans do not fit in the dust cover with out modification. True?
Also my truck did not come with DRLs again was told it’s a soft wear manipulation to get them to work..any comments on that?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have a 2019 warlock w/ projectors. I been told the the leds with the cooling fans do not fit in the dust cover with out modification. True?
Also my truck did not come with DRLs again was told it’s a soft wear manipulation to get them to work..any comments on that?
Some LEDs will fit, others you need an extended cover which I believe members have reported finding them on Amazon or eBay.
The DRLs can be programmed with AlfaOBD, with the factory projectors you can use the High beams, Low beams, turn signals or fogs lights for the DRL location. Don't use the DRL drop out option.
You can find settings for the DRLs in the Known Working list found in the first post of the AlfaOBD thread: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/