LOCKING Fuel Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have a link to a Matte Black locking Fuel door for the 2021 Ram DS..can find Chrome but no Matte Black...thanks

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
That’s something I have been looking to do as well. The locking fuel caps are pricey and heard very very fiddly to use.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went to Ram dealership this am and tried several of their "Locking gas caps" to be kind they were a piece of crp. Key was easy to break off by owner and the cap when locked could be defeated by a good vise grip pliers...Looking for Matte Black Fuel door. I see them in Chrome but want Black..no where to be found it seems...

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Went to Ram dealership this am and tried several of their "Locking gas caps" to be kind they were a piece of crp. Key was easy to break off by owner and the cap when locked could be defeated by a good vise grip pliers...Looking for Matte Black Fuel door. I see them in Chrome but want Black..no where to be found it seems...
Wrap the chrome door would probably work Dave

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I'm with you Dave, I'd like to find a flat black locking door. So far, I've only found a pretend door in a flat black that is a stick-on solution. That might be nice for a show but useless for security.

As BB mentioned above, a locking gas cap can be a PITA, especially in cold weather.
I've always had a locking gas cap on all my vehicles for as long as I can remember, some were OK, but most were not.

Yesterday it was about -27C ambient (-16.6 F) and windy when my gas cap decided to get difficult.

I hate to be one of those guys at the gas pump cussing at the inanimate object like it was purposefully trying to antagonize me.

Then the gas pump got trapped in the filler pipe. LOL

Please let me know if you locate a locking fuel door and I'll post if I find one. I had no luck searching today.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds good...I'm going to try Wildman's suggestion and go to my friend at the Graphics shop and ask if he can provide a solution. I have to buy the Fuel door first which is a nasty touch $$$...will advise when I get info and results..

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Did anyone ever find a locking fuel door for 2019+ 2500/3500?
I can't even find a Chrome one which I prefer