locking repeatedly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bq25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
My 2017 ram 1500 keeps locking repeatedly and the driver side lock panel is not working. Any ideas?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It possible the driver's side lock switch is bad causing the repeated locking

Arkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2017 ram 1500 keeps locking repeatedly and the driver side lock panel is not working. Any ideas?
Mine started doing the same thing about less than a week ago. Did you find out what was going on?

Arkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It possible the driver's side lock switch is bad causing the repeated locking
@crash68 my 2014 RAM 1500 started locking itself less than a week ago. I've observed that when I push the "unlock" twice, all doors and tailgate unlock. I can open any door while the interior lights are on. Most of the time, as soon as the interior lights go off, all the doors lock by themselves. Sometimes when I open a door while the lights are on, the doors lock as soon as I open a door. When the truck has been sitting, as soon as I open a door all doors lock. Any ideas what could be going on?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@Arkie sounds like something strange is going on with possibly the BCM. Maybe try disconnecting the battery, see if it resets itself? How old is the battery in the truck, strange thing are known to happen when the batteries are weak.

Arkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Arkie sounds like something strange is going on with possibly the BCM. Maybe try disconnecting the battery, see if it resets itself? How old is the battery in the truck, strange thing are known to happen when the batteries are weak.
I did unplug the tailgate lock connector and the i315 connector by the emergency brake (considering a back up camera) and didn't disconnect the battery. I'll try the battery cable.

Last edited:

Arkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did unplug the tailgate lock connector and the i315 connector by the emergency brake (considering a back up camera) and didn't disconnect the battery. I'll try the battery cable.
@crash68 I disconnected + and - cables for 5 minutes and reconnected. It still locks by itself. The battery was installed Oct 2021.

Arkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another thing I noticed is that the driver door lock/unlock does not work; all the others do. It's in the shop now for an oil change and they will be looking into the problem. I'll post what they find.