lockpick on a 2011 430 radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draggins10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have experience adding a lockpick to their 2011 ram with the rbz 430 head unit? I want to add a backup camera but dont know if I should use a lockpick or go with the oem camera and have dealer flash it. I have read some people successfully adding a lockpick while others have had nothing but problems, but neither were specific to an 11 ram with 430 radio.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did and it worked great for the cameras. I installed a Lockpick version 5 and had it running both a the rear camera automatically when the truck was in reverse and a front camera that came on whenever the truck dropped below 7 MPH for parking. It worked perfectly in that respect.

Now having said that, I recently uninstalled it. The reason is that for some reason it gave me issues with playing music that was on a thumb drive and plugged into my glove box USB. What would happen is that it would randomly drop the USB stick and switch back to radio. Sometimes 2 or 3 times during a song and sometimes once every few songs.

Since I listen to the USB stick a lot, I removed the Lockpic.

I went round and round with the people over at Coastal Electronics and they finally admitted that they've seen this problem on a few Rams but haven't been able to duplicate at their place so there would probably be no fix and they aren't really looking for one since they can't duplicate it. The way they first told me they never heard of such a problem and then admitted it later, I don't trust that anything they tell me is the truth.

I'm actually going to be putting mine up for sale either here or eBay. I now display my cameras on a rear view mirror that has two LCD displays.

Ray

OP
OP
D

draggins10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea that's what I was afraid of. Can you give me more info on the rearview mirror backup camera? Is it just a generic kit or is it ram specific?