Looking for cigar lighter wiring kit part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x4
I'm 'reassigning' the function of the cigar lighter outlet in the center console. I was able to disconnect the lighter socket plug from the harness. What's left is the harness and 2 wires feeding it (red & black). I'm planning to connect a switch to this which will trigger a relay for some lights.

Rather than snip the harness wires, I'd like to find the female connector with 2 wires which I could plug into this harness (like the lighter did). Unfortunately, the connector on the lighter appears to be built-in to it.

Anyone know where I can find only the 2-wire harness connector for this? I don't need a more $ accessory wiring kit, which are about $30. (Ideally Amazon with quick delivery!). The photo shows 3 pins but only 2 are connected.

I suppose I could just tap into each wire rather than cut & splice. I was just looking for a more elegant option.

Thanks in advance.

lighter plug.jpg

Last edited:

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I ended up tapping into mine. There is no mating connector that I could find so the quadratech one may be custom molded which would make it worth the $$ they are asking for it. Molds are very expensive.

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel
$30 dollars ... and its still factory. No splicing, no cutting. Didnt have to spend the money on solder, wire, terminals, tools, fuses etc my time and my effort.
just saying...

OP
OP
umbighouse

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
$30 dollars ... and its still factory. No splicing, no cutting. Didnt have to spend the money on solder, wire, terminals, tools, fuses etc my time and my effort.
just saying...
Actually, I ended up tapping it with a Positap. The harness is nice & clean, but the tap method is just as simple. No need to add another fuse since it's already a fused line. You can always untap it (or in the case of the harness, unplug it) and you'll be right back to factory original.

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel
Hey, do what ever floats your boat. You asked for ideas, offered mine.
Merry Christmas

OP
OP
umbighouse

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey, do what ever floats your boat. You asked for ideas, offered mine.
Merry Christmas

Appreciate it. Glad to know the harness works fine. Gives me a good Plan B!

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

beebop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
INFOTAINMENT (a vendor here) has the lighter power tap SKU: U-INTEZDC listed. I purchased one from him a couple of months ago and it works great.

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel
Does this harness work on your Ram? It's not listed on the vehicles that it fits. I too am looking for an OEM looking tap into my cigarette lighter.

Cheers
it does. Used it on 3 of my Dodges, including the one I am currently driving.
It same male / female as Chrysler uses on their 12v lines.

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel