Looking to ease the ride on a lifted Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Mayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My wife fell in love with a pretty 2014 Lifted Ram 2500 Diesel 4WD and we bought it. Its got a four inch factory lift kit on it with no air suspension. We rarely tow heavy loads and use it primarily on improved roads and highways. Its got 20 inch rims with 35 X1250 tires. I'll be in the market for new tires soon so will be looking for the best tire combo. Wondering if 37s will fit and be any improvement in ride. I also am wondering if replacing the coil springs with air bag suspension will help any with the ride. Any help on this would really be appreciated.
Thanks

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A true air suspension will definitely give it alot better ride.

Check your air pressure in your tires. If you dont tow or haul you dont need near max pressure. On my old 2500 I ran 33x1250 18 terra grapplers at 42 lbs. Then when I was going to load up or pull anything heavy I would air the tires up. Most times not though.

The most likely you have 10 ply tires and they ride stiff at higher pressure.

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air suspension would help. Not sure what the factory 4" lift is tho? Is it a Mopar lift?

I would suggest maybe doing 18" wheels and go 35" tires. 37's may or may not clear depending on offset of the wheels. It may rub during turns.

Message me if you would like a quote on anything. We offer just about everything

OP
OP
R

Rusty Mayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks for the advice, Ill drop the pressure and see what that does, Ive been running at 65 to 70. Nick would you suggest replacing the springs with air bags or just adding air bags? I'm not clear on whether the addition of airbags smoothes the ride or just helps level the ride under heavy tow loads.
Thanks

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just adding airbags and not removing the springs will not make the ride any better.

The air suspension kits and the air (helper) bags are two different things.

The air helper bags are to help you carry weight and to keep your truck from sagging to bad under load. They are usually only aired up when needed.

Air suspension is aired all the time and is the main suspension component.

Last edited:

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Changing to a full on air suspension can be quite expensive.
As for as tires I highly recommend the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 A/T depending on what wheels and offset you currently have is a big determining factor on tire height whether it’s a 35 or 37”

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road