looking to upgrade my factory radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramtruck211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i currently own a 2019 ram 1500 classic it has the factory radio inside but i want to upgrade to a bigger screen and wireless apple car play. im not the greatest at doing my own wiring work. would like just a simple plug and play. ive seen these chinese products on amazon but dont know how reliable they can be. anyone have a radio like the one im looking for (plug and play wireless apple carplay). any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Which radio is in the truck now? There is the possibility you can upgrade that's Plug-n-Play and there's modules that can make it wireless. I added a module to make my factory radio wireless AndroidAuto, CarPlay is available also.
As for aftermarket, goto the website Crutchfield.com they suggest everything you need, and even a wiring harness that makes it practically Plug-n-Play.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can look up 8.4 radio upgrade lots of info on it .2018 was the first year for ram radio and apple car play.But a lot of the 2018 radios suffer screen delaminating but it’s fixable even if you a halfway decent shadetree mechanic.

OP
OP
R

Ramtruck211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which radio is in the truck now? There is the possibility you can upgrade that's Plug-n-Play and there's modules that can make it wireless. I added a module to make my factory radio wireless AndroidAuto, CarPlay is available also.
As for aftermarket, goto the website Crutchfield.com they suggest everything you need, and even a wiring harness that makes it practically Plug-n-Play.
I currently have the factory 5 inch RA2 radio

OP
OP
R

Ramtruck211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can look up 8.4 radio upgrade lots of info on it .2018 was the first year for ram radio and apple car play.But a lot of the 2018 radios suffer screen delaminating but it’s fixable even if you a halfway decent shadetree mechanic.
okay thank you

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Ramtruck211 i just did the 8.4 upgrade from the ra2 went thru the salvage yards and m2mods harness it was around 750 cost . And it all is plug and play also my upgrade was to the vp3 no nav or CarPlay but I have the Bluetooth and hands free and a bigger rear cam screen ( ole guys need this lol)

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from RA2 (5 inch) to 8.4 RA3 then RA4 and now have 8.4 UAQ in my 2017 Ram. Got a good deal on the UAQ after looking for a while and since screen had a lot of wear (but not delaminated) I decided to just order a new screen and swapped it out. Mine is out of 2018.

OP
OP
R

Ramtruck211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Ramtruck211 i just did the 8.4 upgrade from the ra2 went thru the salvage yards and m2mods harness it was around 750 cost . And it all is plug and play also my upgrade was to the vp3 no nav or CarPlay but I have the Bluetooth and hands free and a bigger rear cam screen ( ole guys need this lol)
lol awesome thanks. Is m2mods a website ?

OP
OP
R

Ramtruck211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from RA2 (5 inch) to 8.4 RA3 then RA4 and now have 8.4 UAQ in my 2017 Ram. Got a good deal on the UAQ after looking for a while and since screen had a lot of wear (but not delaminated) I decided to just order a new screen and swapped it out. Mine is out of 2018.
Awesome. Can I ask where you these from. A website? Or ?

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome. Can I ask where you these from. A website? Or ?
I got all mine via Ebay. It is hit or miss as far as pricing. I looked for a while each time and the UAQ was listed much higher then what I paid, I made a low offer thinking the guy would tell me to F off, but they were listed for months at his asking price so I got the radio at decent price. I paid $700 (listed at $1000 or maybe even higher). Some have found cheaper, but most listed are way above that. People stalk junk/salvage yards for wrecks to pull the radios and resell for huge profits. That would be the cheapest option if you could find one in a salvage yard, but it's luck of the draw.

OP
OP
R

Ramtruck211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got all mine via Ebay. It is hit or miss as far as pricing. I looked for a while each time and the UAQ was listed much higher then what I paid, I made a low offer thinking the guy would tell me to F off, but they were listed for months at his asking price so I got the radio at decent price. I paid $700 (listed at $1000 or maybe even higher). Some have found cheaper, but most listed are way above that. People stalk junk/salvage yards for wrecks to pull the radios and resell for huge profits. That would be the cheapest option if you could find one in a salvage yard, but it's luck of the draw.
Okay thanks man really appreciate it

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
he is a vendor here and yes there is a website with pricing or you can reach out @Mpgrimm2 member here

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
fyi im getting redy to purchase the heated cool seats harness from him this will be my third harness from m2moda as soon as my Laramie sets and center console from a 2017 arrive ,perfect fit for mine my express is now n express+ lol or will be !lol @Mpgrimm2