loss of remote start following a change of country code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicolas02500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone ,

I live in France and since 2019 I have had a Ram 1500 5.7hemi model 2018 imported new from the United States.

From the beginning I had a speed warning beep which was heard at 120km/h after several searches I found that the vehicle was manufactured for Arab countries, in Arab countries the speed beep is mandatory

So I changed the country code in my bcm via my Autel diagnostic case, so I put the vehicle on USA and the beep disappeared.

Since I changed the country code I lost the remote start with the key, when I press the button twice the vehicle closes and flashes but the engine does not start I checked everything, the the doors and the engine hood are closed, the fuel is ok, I looked at the fuses in the engine part next to the battery and no problem.

what is driving me crazy is that everything is fine, the vehicle is getting the key function as it closes after 2 presses of the button and it flashes but no engine starts can anyone help me.

I noticed that when I open the hood I no longer have the information on the screen.

thank you all for your valuable help.