Loud Ticking 5.7L Hemi 2014 Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmgak47

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 1500 Express QC 8 Speed
Mine ticks also, does it bother me? No... Is it normal? Yes... Will I still beat the living daylights out of it? Hell yeah!

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 09 had a cracked manifold- new manifold and gasket it was BETTER not perfect bit oh well. My 13 did it on cold start up- service writer and tech said it was normal. I was kinda thinking- are these guys playing games? Next guys told me the same story. So I had to ask why it was louder than my modded LS1 Trans Am with long tubes. They said nothing. So then I got my 14 and it was good for 1500 miles then the tick. First though was- dam they still haven't fixed this. Then I just figured I may as well just live with it unless it get louder. I would take 350hp at the crank if they could fix this **** it makes me feel like I am driving a **** box whenever it does it in a crowded parking lot and people look over at me, lol. Guess its all part of the Ram experience. I have liked all my Rams and some day if dodge fixes this I may love that one.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
My 09 I bought used did it when I first bought it. I didn't know anything about the hemi tick at first. I thought it was just how this engine is, It didn't sound bad. Then I found this forum and came across it a few times and was figured that's what the noise is.

When I switched to synthetic oil that sort fixed the noise. Now I do a clank clank every one once in a while. So I think its my manifold bolts. But it's so random and doesn't last long.

2500farmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our Ram has 40,000 miles and it does the ticking when we going down the road and it is most prominent when you are passing by like a concrete barrier or a type of structure that reflects sound you can really hear it.