Low frequency oscillating vibration at highway speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turnertech41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2017 ram 1500 4wd, when at highway speeds, 60 plus in left turning curves I get a oscillating vibration and roar. Truck has 60k on it, been like that since I bought it at 40k, I’ve had bad wheel bearings in a ram before, it’s was evident at low speed as well as high speed. This only happens in left curves, also, in the same wheel, at real low speed breaking, I hear pulsing coming from the master cylinder and noise from the right front. I haven’t had the opportunity to tear it down, but I did see if there was bearing slip when the tire shop rotated tires.

Jojo22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am having this same issue on my 2009. I have replaced rotors and hubs. Still have vibration and roaring when turning left. Did you fix your issue?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Rotors rarely "warp" that would cause an issue. If a roar increases turning a certain direction, say LEFT, then the Right side (passenger) hub bearing is usually dry/bad. It gets loud because you're loading the outside smaller bearing that is either defective or contaminated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeanD