low fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mochopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
desial
have a 2002 dodge diesel 350 that losses power going down the road. replaced fuel filter and just installed a raptor fuel pump because the low pressure light comes on when coming off idle. Could the filter in tank be the cause of low pressure. It was replaced by dodge dealer about 10 years ago when the original pump went out.
When i lose power if you drop a gear and increase the rpms it comes out of for a while. also motor noise increases when it does this.
checked codes throwing 216 injection timing control circuit malfunction and 234 engine over broost condition

Last edited:

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you replace the tank pump or the injector pump? I'm no expert with diesel engines, but I do know that my dad had a 2002 5.9L Cummins and his injector pump took a dump. I have no idea what codes it threw, but a new one fixed his problem.

P0216 Injection Timing Control Circuit Malfunction;
Symptoms of a P0216 DTC may include: Low power Crank, but no start, Hard start, Displays an intermittent stumble or miss, Engine may start and then stall, or Engine may appear to drive fine but surge at idle.
The most frequent cause of this code is a bad injection pump due to poor fuel delivery. Fuel delivery problems could be: A plugged diesel fuel filter, An in-tank blockage, Air in the fuel due to a cracked in-tank fuel line above the fuel level, Bad transfer (lift) pump, Injection pump out of time.

P0234 Turbocharger / Supercharger "A" Overboost Condition Code;
The symptoms displayed for a P0234 code will depend on the cause of the overboost condition: The service engine soon or check engine light will illuminate. You will experience a loss of power. The engine may show signs of overheating. The transmission may show signs of overheating and harsh shifting. Additional codes associated with the condition set by P0234 may be present to help identify the cause. Codes are available for all electrical components utilized by the engine management computer for the control of boost levels. The engine may display signs of pre-ignition in the form of knocking. The engine may display ignition misfiring.
Potential causes for this DTC include: In lieu of further trouble codes associated with the overboost condition it would be safe to say the problem is mechanical. The operation of the wastegate is the most probable. The wastegate is either stuck closed causing the turbo to spin higher than normal, thus causing the overboost. The rod from the wastegate actuator to the wastegate on the turbo is bent. A hose came off the wastegate or boost controller. A supply house to the boost controller or from the controller to the wastegate is clogged. Dodge trucks with a Cummins diesel have a peculiar problem. They run fine but the check engine light comes on and sets code P0234 at an idle, yet the light goes out several minutes later at cruise speeds. The digital boost control gauge is connected to the MAP sensor which has an intermittent fault at idle yet does not set a code. The replacement of the MAP sensor corrects this.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0234
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0216
Copyright OBD-Codes.com