Lower ball joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up some lower ball joint's and was gonna press them out. I dont see a snap ring, are some of these non replaceable?

Shawn Burns

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My OEM ball joint did not have a snap ring. The aftermarket version that I put on did have one. I'll bet that either they haven't been replaced before, or if they were, OEM ball joints were used.

If you install ball joints that have grease fittings, make sure that you orient them so that the fitting can be reachable for periodic service. I neglected this step.

OP
OP
H

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My OEM ball joint did not have a snap ring. The aftermarket version that I put on did have one. I'll bet that either they haven't been replaced before, or if they were, OEM ball joints were used.

If you install ball joints that have grease fittings, make sure that you orient them so that the fitting can be reachable for periodic service. I neglected this step.
Yes they are OEM. Did you have to grind the weld stake spots,off and remove the cap and press them out ?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some i have noticed cant be replaced few aftermarket control arms arelike that aswell. Not sure if someone makes a balljoint to fit the ones without a snap ring? I wound up replacing the whole arm which is annoying.