Lowered Ram exhaust questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikehutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have the 2/4 kit in the que. Last night I rode the creeper around under the truck to get an idea of the job ahead. Looking at the exhaust made me wonder if there's going to be some interference at the back. I'm running the factory 20s.

So the questions:
Did the factory exhaust rub after lowering for you?

What after market exhausts (duel out back) are working on a lowered ram?

Anyone have a pic of the driverside routing? The fuel tank, axle, spare tire appear to make for an interesting route pre-lowering.

Anyone use the ebay exhaust from magnumexhaust?

Exhaust was on the mods list just wasn't for now. Might be the BFH mod if there is rubbing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So the questions:
Did the factory exhaust rub after lowering for you?
When I got my truck, I shortened the exhaust to where it stops before my axle, and it's only on the passenger side. I did this before lowering the truck, I'm not sure about this question but I dont think it should rub...

What after market exhausts (duel out back) are working on a lowered ram?
Again, I'm not positive on this one, but I wouldn't think your factory exhaust would cause a problem. I can't picture how it's routed under the truck. Hopefully someone will chime in here

Anyone have a pic of the driverside routing? The fuel tank, axle, spare tire appear to make for an interesting route pre-lowering.
I dont know how yours is routed right now. I took off my spare tire and there is a lot more room now. I found this example on google. My exaust is on the passenger side only and dumped. Here is mine:

CIMG2786-2.jpg

Anyone use the ebay exhaust from magnumexhaust?
After a quick search, I would think it'd be ok, as long as the seller has a good rating and reputation on there. Also make sure what is in the picture is what you're actually getting before buying.

If anyone has their stock exhaust on lowered trucks, please chime in :005:

Last edited:

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
mine is all stock for now i used the mcgaughy 2/4.5 drop it rattled on leaf springs on bumps, i just stood on it to bend it down a little, when i jack the truck up it hits the leaf but you can definatly run your stock exhaust still with little to no modding

OP
OP
mikehutch

mikehutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemibabe, what you did is probably a quick easy way for this.

Here's the passenger side(pre-lowered) which I think is going to hit, like jhemi said

IMG_20110914_182213.jpg

Here is the driver's side that makes having a dual out the back exhaust look difficult. If anyone has a lower Ram with dual out the back I'd like a pic of this side to see how it was routed. Thanks.

IMG_20110914_182252.jpg

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah if you can't figure out a way to route it, I would just do what I did, it's out of the way for sure lol hope you can figure it out

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
just dump it.....clean, mean sounding, and less to deal with...LOL

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never have had a factory exhaust on the truck since I've owned it. But I can say the aftermarket kits don't interfere post drop.

I put on a dual Flowmaster 40 exhaust, run straight out the back.

You shouldn't have any issues. I am at a 3/5.5" drop.

OP
OP
mikehutch

mikehutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I started installing the drop kit so I'm back to answer my own question.

Answer is: No effing way.

101_2152.jpg

Notice the factory rubber isolator is missing so I could pull it down to allow me to get the spring hooked back up.

101_2153.jpg

Watch for a new thread with pics on the whole install.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
lol well I guess now we know for future reference :D

OP
OP
mikehutch

mikehutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stopping back into this thread for the update. The truck now has a Dynomax Ultra Flow muffler and dual exhaust out the back. I picked up the muffler from Summit and then had a local shop do the tail pipes. I need to be in the pipe bending business....$200 from the muffler back. But here's the photos.

IMG_1250.jpg

Drivers side
IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

As for dumping it at the muffler...tried that for about 15 minutes...my age is catching up as it sounded really cool I wouldn't want that for everyday driving around. It was really amplified into the cab coming out under the bed.

It sounds really good. So off to save for something else.

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
Thanks D (SLT8) for postin pics of mine on a 5/6 drop...

it's a huge difference where you dump an exhaust..I too am gettin old and I don't like a loud full time exhaust..dumping before axle is loud, runnin pipes out to the rear drones, dumping over axle is way quieter than both..

Last edited: