Lowered Shock Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shoes09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 09 CC Sport with the Mcgaughys 2/4 Economy Kit trucks has 53K, 40K on the drop. Running SRT10, 305/45/22.
The wife complained about the truck rocking/wiggling at highway speeds. Very little in my opinion, but gave me a reason to upgrade the shocks.

I just put on the Bell Tech Street Performance 2212ff lowered shocks and regret it. Now the rocking/wiggling is 10x worse. I cant put the factory shocks back on because the dealer tossed them.

Do you think Helper Bags might help with this issue?
Anything else you might recommend doing?

Thanks.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
buy some better relacement shocks...mine starts to wiggle when i do 70mph or more and thats that i have the relocaton bracket and adjustable panhard bar....one more thing might work is a better sway bar but the sway bar helps more when your truck is doing a turn and stuff like that.

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
Where are u located? I have the factory shocks that came off my 2012 CC.

OP
OP
S

Shoes09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Austin, TX. Thanks everyone. Should have just done the helper bags, If I'd only known.

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
Shoes09, I'm up in Tyler, TX. The shocks have about 2000 miles on them. If they will help you out let me know.

TriSum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm not sure if the air bags will help or not, I put mine on at the same time I did the lowering kit. The problem with the BT shock is they do not have enough rebound valving and once the truck starts to "wiggle" the shocks are not able to control it, especially if the road is not perfectly smooth.

Better shocks are definitely what you need, unfortunately I'm not sure which shocks are the best option. Some have recommended the QA1's but they are kind of expensive.

Good luck!

David

I have a 09 CC Sport with the Mcgaughys 2/4 Economy Kit trucks has 53K, 40K on the drop. Running SRT10, 305/45/22.
The wife complained about the truck rocking/wiggling at highway speeds. Very little in my opinion, but gave me a reason to upgrade the shocks.

I just put on the Bell Tech Street Performance 2212ff lowered shocks and regret it. Now the rocking/wiggling is 10x worse. I cant put the factory shocks back on because the dealer tossed them.

Do you think Helper Bags might help with this issue?
Anything else you might recommend doing?

Thanks.

OP
OP
S

Shoes09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. QA1's are a bit more than I wanted to spend. Dealer was able to find my stockers so they'll be going back on. Maybe add the bags while I'm there. Bt shocks for sale.

TriSum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Just FYI, I still have the BT rear shocks because they were shorter than the stockers, (IIRC), but just changing the front's made a huge difference in the "wiggle" going down the freeway.

David

Thanks for the info. QA1's are a bit more than I wanted to spend. Dealer was able to find my stockers so they'll be going back on. Maybe add the bags while I'm there. Bt shocks for sale.