Magnaflow 18” Experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey folks. I’m bored of my stock exhaust lol. I had a 40 series Flowmaster and loved it. Problem is I live in a subdivision and cold starts at 5:30 AM is not very courteous IMO. I switched with a buddy and installed his stock sport exhaust. It’s got a nice but very subtle sound but I need to hear that V8 rumble!

Any of you have an 18” and live in cold climate ? Is there another option or other brand that has a nice sound but won’t wake up half the street ? I got tired of coasting In neutral down the street [emoji1787]

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 18" magnaflow its not that loud. Im on long island so it gets cold sometimes. My brother has the flo master American thunder i think its a 50 series. Honestly his is louder on start up. They both sound great on the road. Its hard to describe the difference i guess the magna has a more refined sound. I would be happy with either.

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an 18" maggy on my 2016 RAM. Cold starts were some what loud for sure, then it would settle down and be decently quiet.

If I was to live in a more populated area I would definitely go with some electric cut outs. Stock quiet for when you want to be courteous but properly loud when you want it.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I had an 18" maggy on my 2016 RAM. Cold starts were some what loud for sure, then it would settle down and be decently quiet.

If I was to live in a more populated area I would definitely go with some electric cut outs. Stock quiet for when you want to be courteous but properly loud when you want it.

Hmmmm... I wonder if the can rig a cut out to lead out the exhaust. At least on one side. I don’t like the idea of dumping it under the truck

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey folks. I’m bored of my stock exhaust lol. I had a 40 series Flowmaster and loved it. Problem is I live in a subdivision and cold starts at 5:30 AM is not very courteous IMO. I switched with a buddy and installed his stock sport exhaust. It’s got a nice but very subtle sound but I need to hear that V8 rumble!

Any of you have an 18” and live in cold climate ? Is there another option or other brand that has a nice sound but won’t wake up half the street ? I got tired of coasting In neutral down the street [emoji1787]

i just never get this, I dont tell my neighbors when to mow their lawn or do construction on their house. So they dont tell me how or when i drive my truck

KeepRight

ExFalconFxr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

Go for it... I think I had flowmaster 50s on my other truck. Nice purrr...

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i just never get this, I dont tell my neighbors when to mow their lawn or do construction on their house. So they dont tell me how or when i drive my truck

I get what you’re saying. But nobody in my area starts an 8 cylinder mower on a Cold morning where I’m at lol. I’m close to the three neighbours across the street. Two of them are buddies. Drink beer together, kids play together and go to each others birthday parties for kids etc. The other guy is like an uncle to me almost and I’m thankful to have such great neighbours. We watch out for each other and help each other out whenever we can.

If I lived in a subdivision with a bunch assholes I’d have straight pipes and a cat delete.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get what you’re saying. But nobody in my area starts an 8 cylinder mower on a Cold morning where I’m at lol. I’m close to the three neighbours across the street. Two of them are buddies. Drink beer together, kids play together and go to each others birthday parties for kids etc. The other guy is like an uncle to me almost and I’m thankful to have such great neighbours. We watch out for each other and help each other out whenever we can.

If I lived in a subdivision with a bunch assholes I’d have straight pipes and a cat delete.

Well then they should understand u like your truck loud and they wont complain. Im close with all my neighbors and i work night shift , so i dont tell them be quiet during the day

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 18" and live in Canada. Never thought it was loud until I heard my wife start it from across the store parking lot at -40°C. Man it was loud! Couldn't imagine having anything louder, now I know how my wife always knows when I'm pulling in. Really quiet in the cab though.

I'll probably end up leaving my stock exhaust on the next truck...

JWExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 18” and it was just slightly loud at startup plus had a drone on the highway. Also noticed a different tone with mds. Ordered the 24” from Hot exhaust and didn’t realize they sent me the 18”. I was too excited when it arrived so I threw it on, it lasted a week. I’m debating on ordering another 24” since my initial want was never satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkylarMelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 18" Magnaflow single to dual out, left the resonators in and I love it. Cold starts in Vancouver I never get old of, nice loud roar. When it warms up the idle is not bad at all, can barely hear it inside the cab, when stepping on the gas you can definitely hear it, but with some music at a decent volume it goes away. There is a drone when MDS activates which I don't like, but I deal with it. All in all love the exhaust, the only thing I would suggest is buying the bolt up one. I went the muffler and cut and weld route, speant more than I needed to. Cheers

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the 18" Magnaflow single to dual out, left the resonators in and I love it. Cold starts in Vancouver I never get old of, nice loud roar. When it warms up the idle is not bad at all, can barely hear it inside the cab, when stepping on the gas you can definitely hear it, but with some music at a decent volume it goes away. There is a drone when MDS activates which I don't like, but I deal with it. All in all love the exhaust, the only thing I would suggest is buying the bolt up one. I went the muffler and cut and weld route, speant more than I needed to. Cheers

Thanks! I was thinking the bolt on too. Local shop wants $350 installed and they they sell them in amazon for $130-$170. Is there a specific bolt on model?

Also, turn the MDS off. I’ve been doing for months now and I love it. Truck feels and drives much better and doesn’t sound like a VW TDI

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I h
Well then they should understand u like your truck loud and they wont complain. Im close with all my neighbors and i work night shift , so i dont tell them be quiet during the day

I have the “quieter” Carven muffler on my Ram. At my old house, my neighbor was well aware of what time I would leave for work (5am) because it would wake his newborn baby up.
I don’t want to be a **** to my neighbor and I try and be respectful of the people living next to me. If my house was on fire I would want them to do something, ANYTHING except turn the other way.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I h

I have the “quieter” Carven muffler on my Ram. At my old house, my neighbor was well aware of what time I would leave for work (5am) because it would wake his newborn baby up.
I don’t want to be a **** to my neighbor and I try and be respectful of the people living next to me. If my house was on fire I would want them to do something, ANYTHING except turn the other way.

come on man thats just ridiculous, if you really think someone wouldnt help your family out of burning house cause u have a loud muffler you have other issues besides a loud muffler

ChevySlayer69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
come on man thats just ridiculous, if you really think someone wouldnt help your family out of burning house cause u have a loud muffler you have other issues besides a loud muffler

The Carven Progressive sounds idiotic. If my neighbor had one waking me up at 5am everyday Id probably be the one burning the house down.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Carven Progressive sounds idiotic. If my neighbor had one waking me up at 5am everyday Id probably be the one burning the house down.

and you have issues of what people can and cant do with their own stuff, do your neighbors tell you when to mow your lawn. that can get pretty annoying when im trying to sleep during the day....see how that works

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500