Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwight Schrute

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What things do you do, to keep your RAM running it's best and lasting longer. Been reading lots of threads. Common ones I've seen

- lots of guys are having luck using synthetic 5W30 (in the ram 5.7 Hemi)

- airbags when getting up in weight

- using the %80 rule when towing

What else do you guys do?

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pennzoil ultra platinum works good for me, it’s a full synthetic. Others swear by redline oil.

Bag on frame type of air bags work, but I don’t think the airlift 1000’s are worth messing with. They go inside the rear coil springs. Before putting a load on the rear of your truck you would have to inflate the air bags. I tried them and wasn’t halo with them. Tuftruck springs are a much better way to go. There are several different models to choose from to suit your needs. If you’re not sure which to get, you can call them and they will help guide you to the ones that will work best for you.

https://tuftruck.com/products-results/?part_make=7&part_model=117&part_year=66

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Change front/rear dif fluid and transfer case fluid. Your owners manual will tell you what you need and when.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just follow the maintenance schedule in the owners manual. Except for oil. I change every six months or six thousand miles. Which ever comes first. I use pup 5/20. Lol meter is at around 50% at this interval.