Map and Vanity Lights Intermittent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airforcetxn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello all. I have searched this and another forum and never saw anyone who found absolute resolution on this.
I did see one user say that the issue was worn wiring to the vanity and replacing the visor resolved this issue (Wiring was pinched causing a short)
I'm just trying to see if anyone else successfully resolved this issue.
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie.
The video below demonstrates what is going on but basically, my map lights work fine when I unlock the truck, open the door, or turn on the dome light manually.
When the door is closed and the dome light is off, my map lights do not function at all.
My vanity light does not work under any circumstance.
This used to be a 'comes and goes' problem but it seems to be holding steady at the current state.
I appreciate any info.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hello all. I have searched this and another forum and never saw anyone who found absolute resolution on this.
I did see one user say that the issue was worn wiring to the vanity and replacing the visor resolved this issue (Wiring was pinched causing a short)
I'm just trying to see if anyone else successfully resolved this issue.
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie.
The video below demonstrates what is going on but basically, my map lights work fine when I unlock the truck, open the door, or turn on the dome light manually.
When the door is closed and the dome light is off, my map lights do not function at all.
My vanity light does not work under any circumstance.
This used to be a 'comes and goes' problem but it seems to be holding steady at the current state.
I appreciate any info.

Remove that overhead unit so that you can pull the stock bulbs out and replace them with 194 bulbs.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I tried to grab a pic but it won't help getting the overhead compartment from the roof.

20210221_203527.jpg

20210221_201104.jpg

I had the exact same symptoms as you and did this upgrade in 2016. Not sure where the how to went. Good luck.