Max boost on 5.7 hemi with methanol injection and forged?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Decrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've got a 5.7 hemi I'm doing a rebuild into a drag set-up, shooting for 600-700 rwhp, and I've got a parts list for full forged internals, and I'm using a stage 1 snow methanol injection, I'm confident in running 10 pounds, but I wanted some second opinions on how much boost is really possible. I'm not really looking to get 100k miles out of this motor but I want to be able to make more then 10 passes.

OP
OP
D

Decrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
18 K so far, the build is going to be in parts, whenever I save up whatever I need, though my parts list keeps changing the more research I've been doing.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Easier to make your power numbers using a forged 6.4 BGE block.
What are your plans for transmission / rearend / tuning etc. 700rwhp is going to be hard on parts behind the engine,and can be pricey to keep alive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Decrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
8hp90, I've been looking into different beefy driveshafts, I'm gonna run stock diff which I've already welded, if it blows I'll beef it up, possibly a rear axle size up. I've got a Mopar experienced Dyno guy I've tuned my truck with before. How does the bge block bolt up? How much fab is needed?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
18 K so far, the build is going to be in parts, whenever I save up whatever I need, though my parts list keeps changing the more research I've been doing.

You already spent 18K or you plan on it?

Cause I'd go with @Wild one option 3 But it's 19K all by itself.

OP
OP
D

Decrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My original parts list is 18k, I'm not buying anything until it's set in stone, although the 3rd option is definitely in consideration.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
8hp90, I've been looking into different beefy driveshafts, I'm gonna run stock diff which I've already welded, if it blows I'll beef it up, possibly a rear axle size up. I've got a Mopar experienced Dyno guy I've tuned my truck with before. How does the bge block bolt up? How much fab is needed?
Start with a truck 6.4 if you're looking to build a 6.4 BGE ,the heads on the truck 6.4 BGE's ,with a valve change are basically Hellcat heads with a standard intake bolt pattern.
Read this article completely as it gives some good insights into the BGE block.The BGE block became available in the 2014 HD trucks ie: 2500's and up ,and became available in the Challengers / Chargers in 2018 , and has been used in the Hellcat platforms since they were introduced in 2015.
It's a bolt in,if you use the timing cover / oil pan / pick-up tube / sensors off your 5.7.
Welded diffs suck,as they break axles,you'd be better off with a tru trac and better axles in your ZF diff.
What configuration of truck do you have, regular cab / quad cab / crew cab etc?
If you have a 4X4 and want to keep it as a 4X4,you need the 8HP95,as they never bolted a transfer case to the 8HP90.

OP
OP
D

Decrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've got a crew cab, and I'm deleting the 4x4 so I can lower it, so I'll stick to the 8hp90, what kind of boost can a 6.4 bge handle?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I've got a crew cab, and I'm deleting the 4x4 so I can lower it, so I'll stick to the 8hp90, what kind of boost can a 6.4 bge handle?
The BGE block is easily good to 1500hp , read the article i posted a link to,and research the BGE block. Unless you hunt up an unobtaninium 6.1 crank for your 5.7,it won't handle anywhere near the boost a 6.4 will handle. The 6.4's already have a forged crank in them,all they need is a piston / rod upgrade to easily handle 900+ hp. You want a reconmendation,dump the crew cab for a light weight regular cab shortbox tradesman or express. They're several hundred pounds lighter,so alot easier on parts,and easier to make go fast. Find the right dealer,and you could probably swap your crew cab 4X4 for a couple year newer regular cab shortbox .The regular cab box trucks are easier to make hook,as they have a shorter wheelbase,that transfers weight better

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Decrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey man, I appreciate all the info, you've put me in a better direction for my build, it will be a long ways off but I'll update you on my truck bossman.