Max size flash drive Uconnect radios can handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One reason I like usb most is it shows album art on radio screen, using phone it doesn't show. There is free app on play store, called album art changer, any songs on phone, you go into app, shows all music files and lets you select what you want to use as the art. Takes like 5 seconds to change or add own art and app searches for all art associated with the song and does it quick, then the art is embedded in the song for any radio, pc etc that shows art when playing music. Bluetooth songs, I feel get louder than the usb and maybe sound a tad bit better.

I take it you’re using an android phone? On mine, I use an iPhone, and only up until about a couple of years ago, the only way I could get my album art to show up on my Uconnect screen while playing my music from my iTunes, was to have the phone plugged into the USB but now, and I think it was because of the update to either iOS 12 or iOS 13 because now, my album art shows up on my screen even when I only have my phone connected to my radio via Bluetooth. When I first bought my pickup and if I was just listening to my music from the Bluetooth connection of my phone, the only thing that would show up where the album art picture was supposed to be, was just a little square box with a musical note note in the middle of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haasri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
64Gb sandisk loaded to the max all functions work even the album art! I see others have gone larger so here goes another purchase. Woohoo

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I take it you’re using an android phone? On mine, I use an iPhone, and only up until about a couple of years ago, the only way I could get my album art to show up on my Uconnect screen while playing my music from my iTunes, was to have the phone plugged into the USB but now, and I think it was because of the update to either iOS 12 or iOS 13 because now, my album art shows up on my screen even when I only have my phone connected to my radio via Bluetooth. When I first bought my pickup and if I was just listening to my music from the Bluetooth connection of my phone, the only thing that would show up where the album art picture was supposed to be, was just a little square box with a musical note note in the middle of it.

No phone, flash drive only. Have never tried connecting a phone, other than bluetooth. Never got album art via that method.
Album art was intermittent for me for the first year on the two radios.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No phone, flash drive only. Have never tried connecting a phone, other than bluetooth. Never got album art via that method.
Album art was intermittent for me for the first year on the two radios.

What year is your truck? Don’t quote me on this but since I believe, it was the 2018 models that got the Apple CarPlay and Android Connect capability, those might only been the ones where after a firmware update of the phone itself, is when you could have album art show up even on Bluetooth.

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What year is your truck? Don’t quote me on this but since I believe, it was the 2018 models that got the Apple CarPlay and Android Connect capability, those might only been the ones where after a firmware update of the phone itself, is when you could have album art show up even on Bluetooth.

2018 and up do indeed have the AA/carplay. My truck is a 2016, but the radio is from a 2015.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2018 and up do indeed have the AA/carplay. My truck is a 2016, but the radio is from a 2015.

So what phone do you have? If it’s an iPhone that’s running at least iOS 13 or 14 and if the radio could support it, you should be able to have your album art show up on your screen if you play music from your phone. I don’t know about an android, though. I haven’t had one of those things since it was time to upgrade from my Samsung galaxy S4. The iPhone 6 Plus was my move away from the Darkside… LOL.