Maxtrac 2wd 2.5/1.5" with 33's or 4.5/3" with 35's ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Hey all!
Have a 2016 Ram Sport 2wd. I'm set on getting Fuel Avenger 20x10 -18 offset wheels. (Do not want available 20x9 1 offset - lip too small). Compared to sport wheels, new Fuel wheels will stick out another 50mm (2") on stock suspension.

My preference would be to run 33" tires (weight, cost & MPG). I don't mind running 35" but that only makes sense if I go 4"+ lift and I guess I'd have to deal with speedometer error and cost/mpg hit.

Option 1
Now, I hear nothing but good about Maxtrac. I'm set to use their stuff. If I go 33, is the 2.5F coils and shocks matched with the 1.5R spacer and shocks a solid, safe and durable setup? Will I have UCA issues? Will it ride well or better than stock?

Option 2
Or, do I go with the 4.5/3" spindle #K882443? It seems its more of a complete package but then I have two things to consider. 1) I really must go 35" or it might look disproportionate with small 33's and 2) the spindles will push the fronts out another 1.5" for a total of 3.5." I am okay with having poke but will that look stupid and will the MPG take a costly beating?

I am leaning towards Option 1 but I absolutely do not want UCA issues or problems down the road.

Please chime in! Thanks in advance for all the guidance!

Dan

OP
OP
D

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Anyone?

MaxTrac?

Bueller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on your personal preference. I did not realize the 2wd kits end up pushing the front track width out that much. I would really say it depends on what you want to do with the truck and how you want it to look. I’m putting a 4” lift with 35s on soon but I’m also driving a 4x4 and plan on off-roading sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk