MDS delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram2300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Hello I have a 2023 ram 2500 tradesmen 6.4L 4x4 and I was wondering if there’s a permanent MDS delete so the ECO stays off while driving. I heard that the MDS is the main cause of the 6.4L lifters and rods failing and it’s a costly repair. I’m curious if there’s a permanent delete for this so it’s running on full power of 8 cycles and not 4 half the time. I noticed if I select the gear shift it will turn off but not permanently.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just bought a pulsar but it's still in the mail. It says it can permanently disable MDS for you plus do some other things. Kinda pricey if you just want to disable MDS.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello I have a 2023 ram 2500 tradesmen 6.4L 4x4 and I was wondering if there’s a permanent MDS delete so the ECO stays off while driving. I heard that the MDS is the main cause of the 6.4L lifters and rods failing and it’s a costly repair. I’m curious if there’s a permanent delete for this so it’s running on full power of 8 cycles and not 4 half the time. I noticed if I select the gear shift it will turn off but not permanently.
That's a crock.MDS hasn't been proven to fail. 6 speed 5.7 and 6.4 Challengers are factory non-mds and they still go through lifters.Poor maintence is the biggest issue with cams failing,stay on top of your oil changes,and don't baby it, driving it like Grandma is going hurt it more then anything

OP
OP
R

Ram2300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
That's a crock.MDS hasn't been proven to fail. 6 speed 5.7 and 6.4 Challengers are factory non-mds and they still go through lifters.Poor maintence is the biggest issue with cams failing,stay on top of your oil changes,and don't baby it, driving it like Grandma is going hurt it more then anything
Thank you, I plan on it and I’m like a maintenance guru so I stay on top of the scheduled maintenance etc.

OP
OP
R

Ram2300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
It's not the cause. Yes there is way to remove it. costly.
But why would you want to do it on 2023? void all warranties?
I’m just curious is all and I’m all about the warranties anyways. Just trying to find ways to open up the engine power wise without voiding warranties and I know the truck is brand new so there’s basically not much out there right now.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’m just curious is all and I’m all about the warranties anyways. Just trying to find ways to open up the engine power wise without voiding warranties and I know the truck is brand new so there’s basically not much out there right now.

You could look at getting HP Tuner. Then either get a custom tune added or learn yourself. It's not that hard, but you could screw up things if your not careful.

Simple thing like Pedal commander or one like it, would help with acceleration delay, keep in mind it doesn't increase anything.