Melling oil pump 10452 or 10452HV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So auto makers got the piston sprayers from motorcycles. Most likely. They were to run higher compression & give some cooling effect. As wild one said crank splash is the issue/fix. Stock oil pump should be fine. We used hv oil pumps a few times ,& it only pumped all the oil to the top of the engine faster. The drain back is the same. Did one in a 80’s Ford that had a low oil sensor in the pan. Everytime you’d get on the freeway it would stall , because the pan was low from the hv pump. Then you’d start right back up & it was fine. Until high rpm again. Boy that was one to figure out. Put a stock oil pump back in problem solved . You can sometimes put a washer in with the spring & raise oil pressure on a stock pump. We did that to gm’s 3.8 v6. Back in 80-90’s. Crank splash seems to be the fix for hemi’s. Gen3 at 315k & going. 415k on truck .

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Let me put this statement from you to me in a perspective you can understand.. those round things on the rims of a dragster with no tread are called drag slicks. I'm probably a little more versed in heat transfer than you think.
If oil heat exchanger is a heater, how much heat could it put into the oil passing several gpm? Heat transfer is a two way street, the physical number is sorta arbitrary. Even wonder how it's possible for a heat pump to work in 0° outside temperatures? This topics has been discussed in such more lengths and depth on an EcoDiesel forum.
As for the load of a drag strip vs pulling a grade boils down to how much over what amount of time.

The oil cooler on the HD 6.4 truck engines is a little bit larger than the 5.7 Hemi version..
Nascar engines, 500 miles plus, 7k rpm plus....dry sump....just throwing that idea out there....LoL