Head gasket Leaking oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have done the following mods
The mds delete
A hellcat oil pump And lifters
6.4 hemi intake swap
I have noticed a significant oil leak on the rear passenger corner of my engine.I can’t tell if it’s from the valve cover or the head gasket. I wouldn’t think there would be oil passages in the corner of the head.
I’ve also noticed some oil under the intake from what little I can see. What’s the chances of the heads leaking oil

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Grab some stop leak designed for sump and put it in asap. You can watch youtubes these products are actually dare I say a miracle in a can. The way they work is fix the leak but not gunk up engines. I don't have any opinion on brand, I would see ratings on amazon and go off that as long as a ton of ratings. When was last time you replaced pcv?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Check radiator for oil and oil for water/coolant?

Check tester 6 minute mark, real interesting. This is for coolant head gasket, but I showed for how these products work, just find one for oil.

Last edited:

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
when i pulled the leakers out, i found the o-rings were torn. i put black rtv around all of them and reinstalled.
whether or not that's the right thing to do is another story lol. been ok so far.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So oil is coming from top and not valve cover or head, just verify that. Good result.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you had the heads off,are you sure you re-installed the head gaskets correctly,they're easy to get mixed up,and will leak oil if they're on the wrong side or upside down