Milt IV's 2015 RAM Sport CC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have a medical exemption for tint in the state of TX. That is also what allows me to tint all of side windows so dark.

I wonder what the requirements here are. My optometrist suggested I wear sun glasses as often as possible because my eyes are effected by light too much. If I drive the truck on the highway for an extended without them I feel more tired than I do in my car. Car has 20% all the way around except the windshield. Truck has nothing in front of the B pillar. I never even thought to ask for that in writing. Would have helped last time I got pulled over for having my windows too dark. (Didn't get a ticket though)

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wonder what the requirements here are. My optometrist suggested I wear sun glasses as often as possible because my eyes are effected by light too much. If I drive the truck on the highway for an extended without them I feel more tired than I do in my car. Car has 20% all the way around except the windshield. Truck has nothing in front of the B pillar. I never even thought to ask for that in writing. Would have helped last time I got pulled over for having my windows too dark. (Didn't get a ticket though)

Check with your local dps. I have extreme photophobia so I had to get a RX from my Dr. and I mailed that along with a letter to my DPS. About a week later I got my exemption letter in the mail. I carry the letter in my glove box.

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont' really count this as a mod but they are kinda trick. Picked these bad boys up for a cool $7.99 from some vendor on my IG. Not sure how I feel about them but they do kinda go with my .50cal antenna from Craven Speed though :roflsquared:

20151104_140606_zpshs50cxzo.jpg
20151104_140706_zpshv7jtv2y.jpg
20151104_141327_zpscvt8vq2d.jpg
20151104_141309_zpslmv6awvd.jpg
20151104_141413_zpsbbkp8dur.jpg

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wanted to get rid of the 1" rake so the truck would sit level. I had read that cutting a full coil off the rear gives you 1" drop but all those post were regarding Belltech springs. I figured I would start with 3/4 of a coil off my GF springs and see what it did.

After cutting 3/4 coil off each side and driving around last night and today I ended up with netting about 1/2" more drop on the driver side and NO more drop on the passenger side.

This is puzzling to me. I cut the exact same off each spring. I made sure to get the springs seated exactly back in their original spot in their top pads (see pics below). I also tried to install the springs back in the same position that they were before they were taken out. I made sure the bottom of each spring was cocked the exact same way it was before I removed them, obviously the top of the coil is in a slightly different position because the cut was made at the top of the coil.

Only thing I can figure is that the springs rates are different from side to side to compensate for gas tank and driver weight on the driver side. I'm going to drive around for the weekend, making a trip to the lake house, and see where it sits when I get back home.

I still need another 1/2" of drop on the driver side to get level with the front and still need the full 1" drop on the passenger side to get level since the first cut seems to have done nothing. If it doesn't settle at all I will inspect everything to make sure nothing moved during re-installation. If all appears the same I will remove them again, cut a little more off the driver side, and even more than that off the passenger side. Check back next week for updates.

Here are some of the pics I took. Didn't get a bunch as I was trying to get this done after work and before wifey had dinner ready.

Where I made the cut
20151112_191141_zpszzwkcitr.jpg

How much was cut off
20151112_193857_zpsqrpct7zz.jpg

Spring out on drivers side. Lower shock bolt removed. Truck up on jack stands with rear end being supported by jack. Lower the rear end down just enough to get the springs out. You can also see the rubber pad that the top of the spring seats in sitting on the ground in this pic.
20151112_191003_zpshlgpd76q.jpg

Driver side spring still in but with rear end lowered. Just hadn't pulled the spring out in this pic for comparison.
20151112_191009_zpsahrzgdqc.jpg

In this pic you can see the spring seated in the rubber pad at the top. Imperative you get the spring back in the grove worn in this pad. Then the pad must be seated in the spring pocket.
20151112_191646_zpskcwujus4.jpg

shot from inside the spring looking up. spring and spring pad seated in the spring pocket.
20151112_191722_zpsxod9quwg.jpg

AlwaysSomethin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram
Engine
5.7L
ALMOST makes me want a crew. pick up a set of DDM 15 ram compatible plug and play HIDs on black friday and give em a try. They swear they work, whats the worst that could happen, a refund? :p I really like the 24s on the crew....

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ALMOST makes me want a crew. pick up a set of DDM 15 ram compatible plug and play HIDs on black friday and give em a try. They swear they work, whats the worst that could happen, a refund? :p I really like the 24s on the crew....

LOL thanks man. Yours makes me want a reg cab.

Do you have a link to the DDM? I only found the ultra canbus that says it's compatible up to 2014 RAM.

EDIT - I found them, they are the DDM Plus canbus kit. For $80 it's worth a shot I guess, probably get them for $60 on black Friday. Only thing is I can't find them for bulb 9012, which is the low beam on the 2015 projector.

Last edited:

AlwaysSomethin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram
Engine
5.7L
LOL thanks man. Yours makes me want a reg cab.

Do you have a link to the DDM? I only found the ultra canbus that says it's compatible up to 2014 RAM.

EDIT - I found them, they are the DDM Plus canbus kit. For $80 it's worth a shot I guess, probably get them for $60 on black Friday. Only thing is I can't find them for bulb 9012, which is the low beam on the 2015 projector.

9006 is the same i think. It's another size that fits. Call them. My cousin had them down to 65 shipped at regular price, so black Friday should be dirt cheap.

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
9006 is the same i think. It's another size that fits. Call them. My cousin had them down to 65 shipped at regular price, so black Friday should be dirt cheap.

I talked to them yesterday, 9006 is what they recommended. I know the only difference between the 9012 and 9006 is the the flanges. 9012 has a fat one in the center and 9006 is about half as wide, shouldn't be a problem.

I may just go ahead and order them, these halogens are terrible. Kind of hard to believe they have found a solution nobody else has but they are certainly advertising it as so. It will be nice if they do work.

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would be pretty awesome if they do work and are indeed error free. I would love to get these. Let us know if they work as i want to get a set now and the price is RIGHT!!!

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That would be pretty awesome if they do work and are indeed error free. I would love to get these. Let us know if they work as i want to get a set now and the price is RIGHT!!!

DDM has always kind of been thought of as "cheap junk" but I can't tell you how many of their kits I have used on GM and Ford trucks with zero problems. I could also show you another forum where everybody swears by them, mainly because the price is right. I'm willing to give them a shot on this truck for the price and as a guinea pig for everybody. Click on this link below, they are specifically singling out the '15 RAMs and Doges and saying it works. We shall see.

DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

OP
OP
Milt IV

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Little update. I got to thinking that maybe the spring on the passenger side wasn't seated as well in the pocket as I thought. It just didn't make sense to get 1/2" drop on the driver side and no drop on passenger side after cutting the same amount off.

So I unbolted the shock on the passenger side, rotated the spring a little, and double tripple checked that I had the spring seated in the pocket perfectly.

Took the family out to dinner and checked my gaps when we got back. Didn't put a tape measure to it yet but the hand between the tire/fender test looks like it's even now side to side.

Unfortunately now it appears that I only netted a lil less than a 1/2" drop on each side with the cut springs. The rake is killing me.

It almost looks level but you can see that there is still about 1/2" rake. It looks the same on the passenger side now too since I re-seated the spring.

20151116_150117_zpsawngzacz.jpg
20151116_150100_zpsfzb5og0w.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I grabbed a couple of pics from your thread to use in a forum slideshow if that's OK with you.

LMK

Thanks.

-M

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
i know your in texas but have you drove the truck in 4x4 ? I'm thinking of lowering mine but I'm worried of the 4x4 acting up

wilson.joshua.d

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L V6
Little update. I got to thinking that maybe the spring on the passenger side wasn't seated as well in the pocket as I thought. It just didn't make sense to get 1/2" drop on the driver side and no drop on passenger side after cutting the same amount off.

So I unbolted the shock on the passenger side, rotated the spring a little, and double tripple checked that I had the spring seated in the pocket perfectly.

Took the family out to dinner and checked my gaps when we got back. Didn't put a tape measure to it yet but the hand between the tire/fender test looks like it's even now side to side.

Unfortunately now it appears that I only netted a lil less than a 1/2" drop on each side with the cut springs. The rake is killing me.

It almost looks level but you can see that there is still about 1/2" rake. It looks the same on the passenger side now too since I re-seated the spring.

20151116_150117_zpsawngzacz.jpg
20151116_150100_zpsfzb5og0w.jpg

Very Nice Setup! I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Quad cab that i am looking to do the same thing to! I have some 24" U2 rims that will be going on this week but I am wondering what all I need to buy to get this look and ride height? Can you help me please?

Josh