ModifyStreet headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I am installing the ModifyStreet headlights and have a few questions. Does anyone have a link on how to install them? And if there is no link where do you guys wire the DRL on them? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I am installing the ModifyStreet headlights and have a few questions. Does anyone have a link on how to install them? And if there is no link where do you guys wire the DRL on them? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.

Wiring is straight forward. The connector with white/blue/black wires connect to your low/high headlight connector. Your turn/park socket will plug into the corresponding 3157 plug. Then the socket gets inserted into the whole like it does on the oem headlights.

As far as the drl wiring. The way it is intend to work is the red wires plug in to the corresponding connections on the headlights. Then you have 2 battery connections and the Grey wire goes to the fuse box to a keyed on fuse.

If you have alphaobd then there is a little more complicated way to get a more oem connection for drl's.

Although there is a lot of information in the modifystreet thread you can find all the information there. Mainly the last 50 post or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
JV Ram

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Thank you.

OP
OP
JV Ram

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
How should I wire on resistors? Every time I turn my turn signal on it flashes saying it’s out. Pretty annoying. Is there a simple way to do it without taking the whole headlight out again?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
There was someone else who had a similar issue. Not sure if he just had a bad connection with the resistors but wasn't having much luck. You can try adding a resistor to the turn and one to the park wire (2 resistors per side) the other end of the resistor will go to a ground.

I would suggest, although it's more of a investment and a true fix then a band-aid like resistors, if you have a android device or a windows device and a obdlink mx(+). You can change the settings in the computer to led and solve the problem without tapping into anything. Alphaobd is $50 through Google play store or download through alphaobd.com for windows for $50. Obdlink mx(+) can be purchased through https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mxp/
or Amazon for around the same price. This combo will give you the ability to add or change just about anything on our trucks

OP
OP
JV Ram

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Ok so I need to buy the scan tool and then the program as well? Is it worth it? Think I’m going to buy it now.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok so I need to buy the scan tool and then the program as well? Is it worth it? Think I’m going to buy it now.

In my opinion yes worth every penny. I've used it enable and set my drl's, program factory remote start, program new keyfobs, change tire size, set all my lighting to led's, enable global down for the windows, enable factory fogs I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Definitely have saved hundreds on dealer fee's with alphaobd.

OP
OP
JV Ram

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Ok I bought the scanner. Do I still have to download the program for it also? Wish I would have know about this a couple weeks ago... just spent $112 to have my truck programmed for my tire size. Thank you.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Yes you'll have to purchase alphaobd either through the Google play store or download through alphaobd.com to a windows device. If you buy the app you'll have immediate access to it, the windows version will take 24/36 hour's to get the activation code. The developer lives in Europe somewhere.

OP
OP
JV Ram

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Ok sounds good. I have an IPhone so I’ll have to do it from my laptop [emoji53]

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I've switched to Apple myself. I ordered a $50 Amazon Kindle fire 7 tablet to use. Easier than dragging my laptop out every time I want to do something. I feel the app is easier to use but haven't really seen the windows version layout.

OP
OP
JV Ram

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hmm. I may have to find a cheap alternative for it. Thanks for the advise I appreciate it.

OP
OP
JV Ram

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Ended up order a refurbished one on amazon for $40.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hmm. I may have to find a cheap alternative for it. Thanks for the advise I appreciate it.

No problem