Moe's Bolt On 5" Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Got mine today. Wow they are massive!
Looking forward to install them tomorrow.
I'm curious if they really change the sound.

Thanks again - Moe's for your incredible fast shipping! :waytogo:

You'll love the new tone.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
So I got my new tips from Moe's/FedEx yesterday. Went to install and existing clamps were seized up (the ones tack-welded to the tips). I soaked them all night with PB Blaster but the heads on the clamp bolts snapped off with very little torque.

The short version of this post....the tips are now installed and look great (will post pics later)! Longer version keep reading....

I had to cut the clamps, pretty effortless with a dremel and they snapped right off. The existing tips needed a quick wack with a hammer and flathead and they broke loose.

Now the problem was replacing the clamps! I was essentially stuck...unable to put the OEM tips back on and unable to secure the new tips in place. In a pinch....those universal stainless strap style clamps worked just fine. Picked the 2 1/2" dia. version and was able to snug everything up. Standard u-bolt type clamps won't work due to this being a butt joint.

In the event that these do not hold up well over time I did some online research on the markings of the OEM clamps. The OEM product is "Norma SEC 60". Further searching and I found a direct replacement part on Walker's website. The part is available for order from Advance Auto here:

Buy Walker Band Clamp 36523 at Advance Auto Parts

I ordered two to have in hand in case the stainless straps fail. I thought I'd share in case anyone else comes along searching for these clamps.

Honestly, with the price ($10.99ea retail, perhaps better in volume)....it may not be a bad idea to include these with the new 5" tips in the future. My truck is only a 2011 and there was no way I could re-use the factory clamps due to their condition.

Walker's website is WALKER® EXHAUST SYSTEMS :: World Class Exhaust Solutions From An Industry Leader and the part can quickly be found with their online search tools.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
So I got my new tips from Moe's/FedEx yesterday. Went to install and existing clamps were seized up (the ones tack-welded to the tips). I soaked them all night with PB Blaster but the heads on the clamp bolts snapped off with very little torque.

The short version of this post....the tips are now installed and look great (will post pics later)! Longer version keep reading....

Thank you for the feedback. Yours is the first I have heard of where the stock clamp was seized up and not able to be reused, but it is good to know for future reference.

We have looked into including clamps for the guys that dont want to mess with grinding the tack weld off their stock ones, but last time we checked, these were $26 each from Dodge. We knew that nobody would want to pay an extra $50-$60 for 2 small clamps, so we decided not to include them. I just ordered a few of the Walker clamps you mentioned and will test fit a set with them when they come in next week. Not everyone will need these, but it never hurts to add a dropbox for the guys that would like to grab a new set of clamps as well just in case.

Thanks again for your input.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Thank you for the feedback. Yours is the first I have heard of where the stock clamp was seized up and not able to be reused, but it is good to know for future reference.

We have looked into including clamps for the guys that dont want to mess with grinding the tack weld off their stock ones, but last time we checked, these were $26 each from Dodge. We knew that nobody would want to pay an extra $50-$60 for 2 small clamps, so we decided not to include them. I just ordered a few of the Walker clamps you mentioned and will test fit a set with them when they come in next week. Not everyone will need these, but it never hurts to add a dropbox for the guys that would like to grab a new set of clamps as well just in case.

Thanks again for your input.
Thanks bud. The tips truly look AND sound great. The truck should've come with these from the factory...absolutely perfect and aggressive look. Noticed the sound difference with my 44 series muffler right away.

Yeah...the first bolt head turned right off. I babied the second one and same result. No choice but to cut, as drilling them out was a pretty awkward angle.

Had just as hard of a time with factory hardware installing a 2.5 inch level on this truck. The northeast winter road treatments suck for the undercarriage. My truck is from PA originally...won't have it quite as bad where I live in VA now.

My strap clamps feel solid after driving around all day...I may put the Walkers on next weekend anyway for my own security. I'll gladly post back with my experience.

Definitely nice to have a OEM replacement clamp for $11 EA.

BTW....I would've bought my Diablo from you but I had Amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Either way the result was worth it!

I'm eyeing a throttle body and some headers but I may spring for new tires first. Need some aggressive A/Ts or M/Ts to get this truck looking like a truck. Thanks again.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Thanks bud. The tips truly look AND sound great. The truck should've come with these from the factory...absolutely perfect and aggressive look. Noticed the sound difference with my 44 series muffler right away.

Yeah...the first bolt head turned right off. I babied the second one and same result. No choice but to cut, as drilling them out was a pretty awkward angle.

Had just as hard of a time with factory hardware installing a 2.5 inch level on this truck. The northeast winter road treatments suck for the undercarriage. My truck is from PA originally...won't have it quite as bad where I live in VA now.

My strap clamps feel solid after driving around all day...I may put the Walkers on next weekend anyway for my own security. I'll gladly post back with my experience.

Definitely nice to have a OEM replacement clamp for $11 EA.

BTW....I would've bought my Diablo from you but I had Amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Either way the result was worth it!

I'm eyeing a throttle body and some headers but I may spring for new tires first. Need some aggressive A/Ts or M/Ts to get this truck looking like a truck. Thanks again.

Got my clamps in from Walker today. They are marked identical to factory.

Here's some pics with before and after.

Stock Tips
QaCJOLj.jpg

Moe's Tips
QcN1Yqj.jpg

Walker clamps and busted factory clamp

bNoFZpi.jpg

4UGaWXL.jpg

ruHQ5VK.jpg

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
what is the size of the pipe ( diameter ) where the tips are clamped on? I know the moes tip is 5", but whats the inlet size?

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
nateinva,

Thanks for the info. I just got my tips from a forum member and plan to install on Friday. My just go to my local Advance Auto tomorrow and order two new clamps, just in case.

BTW. Your truck with the tips looks bad ass.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
what is the size of the pipe ( diameter ) where the tips are clamped on? I know the moes tip is 5", but whats the inlet size?
Same as factory, so 2.25" or 2.5" maybe?

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
nateinva,

Thanks for the info. I just got my tips from a forum member and plan to install on Friday. My just go to my local Advance Auto tomorrow and order two new clamps, just in case.

BTW. Your truck with the tips looks bad ass.
Hey, thanks Hawk....I love the look and the sound difference is undeniable.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So Moe's should do a Memorial day discount for those tips!!! I think this is a great idea.

Last edited:

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
You guys are noticing a sound change with just changing the tips?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, a deeper sound with more of a rumble. Note: If your talking about adding the tips on a "stock" exhaust, the above answer may not be correct. I have always changed out the muffler before adding the tips.
Jay

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So Moe's should do a Memorial day discount for those tips!!! I think this is a great idea.

Need a few things myself, maybe he will do a 4 the of July special.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please don't misunderstand this as I like to save as much money as I can just like everyone else, but I think Matt's prices are pretty competitive and based on his free shipping, and the speed he ships the parts, and his free advice, I don't mind contributing to his son's college fund. He also answers stupid questions---ask me how I know. :naughty::naughty:
Jay

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I'm hear you pull ya, was just teasing. Who doesn't like saving a little money? I do have to agree, Matt's prices are pretty competitive. Plus the advice & knowledge he gives on top of actually using what he sells. With me being in Alaska, there's no such thing as free shipping outside of Amazon.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I recently bought these and painted them black. Can't wait to get them installed and hear the difference