Moe's Bolt On 5" Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The change in sound was a pleasant surprise for me.
Jay

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You guys are noticing a sound change with just changing the tips?
Neighbor got a changed exhaust note from tips even with OEM muffler. It was so close I almost went with tips alone, but I wanted to lose the boat anchor factory muffler.

I put on a 24" Magnaflow and two days later added the tips--immediately noticed a change in exhaust note. Sounds a bit louder, or maybe deeper. Magnaflow was the big change, but the tips just made it that much better.

Now my RAM sounds like a truck with a hemi in it.

My theory is that because they are 5" wide the entire length, unlike the wide 4" or less on the stock tips, there is more echo within the tip, and the sound doesn't attenuate out the end as quickly.

At first I thought 5" tips might be too wide for the bumper cut-outs, but you have to be looking for it to even notice: just fills in better. :happy107:

Last edited:

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be getting these this summer and I'll paint them black. :)

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going on tomorrow :naughty:

Awesome! Show some pics with them on if you wouldn't mind.

BTW....how did you paint them black?....sand, primer, and paint? What primer and paint did you use? I think I'm going to sand and use Duplicolor engine primer and enamel.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Awesome! Show some pics with them on if you wouldn't mind.

BTW....how did you paint them black?....sand, primer, and paint? What primer and paint did you use? I think I'm going to sand and use Duplicolor engine primer and enamel.

Will do on the pics.

I used Rust-Oleum high heat engine enamel and Rust-Oleum High heat engine primer. Red scotch-brite was used to scuff up the surface then the primer, then paint. This paint said 7 days to cure so I let it sit for a week.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What do you think of the sound? They sure look good!!!!!
Jay

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thanks. Honestly the sound is a little lower but for me it wasn't a "oh wow" difference

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Update, now that I have driven it at lower speeds the exhaust is more noticeable and at idle has a nicer sound

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are on and I'm very pleased

Ahhhhhh....they look great! Your truck is the same red as mine so it gives me a good gauge to how it would look. Thanks. Now I need to come up with the $200 without my wifey losing her mind! lol She thinks everyone dollar I spend on my truck is a waste of $!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Ahhhhhh....they look great! Your truck is the same red as mine so it gives me a good gauge to how it would look. Thanks. Now I need to come up with the $200 without my wifey losing her mind! lol She thinks everyone dollar I spend on my truck is a waste of $!

Thanks!!!

Yea good luck with hiding that lol

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks!!!

Yea good luck with hiding that lol

haha. She usually finds out and doesn't say anything at first....holds on to it until our next "disagreement" and then will pull it out! Damn that woman.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
haha. She usually finds out and doesn't say anything at first....holds on to it until our next "disagreement" and then will pull it out! Damn that woman.
Wives are like computers, every slight, fault, run, drip or error is written to permanent memory and regurgitated for advantage when logic on your side is otherwise winning the argument!

Of course there is nothing logical to fall back on when its modifying your truck--she's a female competitor for your attention, time and resources like a mistress :mad3:

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Of course there is nothing logical to fall back on when its modifying your truck--she's a female competitor for your attention, time and resources like a mistress :mad3:

Haha, so true. She HATES (aka threatened by) my truck. It doesn't help that Ram just had to put a female voice in it! :boobs:

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update, now that I have driven it at lower speeds the exhaust is more noticeable and at idle has a nicer sound

I know it's been only a few weeks, but how is your paint job holding up?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
So far so good bit I haven't driven it much

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the site next week. We are going to be knocking these down to $185 shipped through the end of the month.

Plan on doing this anytime again soon?????? lol I'm just looking for that slight push to pull the trigger on these. Also, it will go easier with the wife if I tell her I got them on sale!...lol.