Moe's Bolt On 5" Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
We are still making them, but still having a hard time finding them in bulk. We finally dialed in a source that says they have plenty in stock that we can use, so we are just waiting on the stock order to come in. I will update the thread here and get these back up on the website as soon as we have another batch ready.

thad8403

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking forward to getting a set of the resonated tips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this won't get any color of discoloration like the crappy stock tips sometimes do? And do they really make a difference in sound??(truck has a muffler delete)

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So this won't get any color of discoloration like the crappy stock tips sometimes do? And do they really make a difference in sound??(truck has a muffler delete)

I haven't had any discoloration thus far after several thousand miles. These tips are beautiful - the stock tips were the only part of the truck I did not care for - thankfully that problem is now solved! :) Haven't noticed much sound difference, possibly a bit lower tone out the back.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine

If cleaned properly, these should not discolor on you. The single walled tips are a little more prone to discolor over time simply because of the heat touching the outer layer of the tip. The double walled tip will keep the heat inside, and the outside of the tip should stay cooler.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look sweet. Probably gonna have to wait till pay day to order some if they're still in stock

lilbigtonka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Matt keep us posted about them being in stock....I will take either one rolled or straight

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After waiting a month for Matt's 5" tips, I got these in the mail today from Mufflex(DODTP5KE). Not what I ordered nor what I was expecting from Matt. I actually dislike the open wall in the rear of the tip. That is my biggest hang up with them. But let me say they are a quality constructed tip, great welds, fab work is seamless and better than what's there at the moment. Fit on my truck should be perfect. Gonna flat black them.

Attachments

• IMAG0326.jpg
    IMAG0326.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMAG0331.jpg
    IMAG0331.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 655
  • IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMAG0325.jpg
    IMAG0325.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 216
OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Give me a call when you get a minute. Mufflex is the company that is manufacturing these tips for us. This was what I meant about the tips being hard to find. They did not tell me that hey had changed anything in the tip design, and we had them ship these to you direct to avoid any extra delay in shipping time. Had these come to us first, I would not have shipped them out without contacting you first. I will get with Mufflex in the morning to see if they were just not able to find anymore of the tips we were previously using.

Last edited:

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Give me a call when you get a minute. Mufflex is the company that is manufacturing these tips for us. This was what I meant about the tips being hard to find. They did not tell me that hey had changed anything in the tip design, and we had them ship these to you direct to avoid any extra delay in shipping time. Had these come to us first, I would not have shipped them out without contacting you first. I will get with Mufflex in the morning to see if they were just not able to find anymore of the tips we were previously using.

Matt, I appreciate talking with you. I truely appreciate you offering me your tips from your truck. You are a man that only wants a happy, satisfied customer. That is without words in deed. I also appreciate the reasons for leaving an open wall in the rear of the tip and Mufflex not making you aware of the changes in design. Makes perfect sense. As I said in my above post. These are a quality constructed tip (they look great) and I will put them on my truck this weekend. Post some pics when I'm done.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I need to talk to Mufflex about it tomorrow. I did not know that they had changed this on us. The reason for an open walled tip on the back is to keep the tip cooler which prevents discoloration. They may have changed this on us because of that or possibly just because they could not find anymore of the tips we used on the first run. It was very difficult for us to find the original tips, and that is why I did not want to list these on the website just yet. Once we find a tip that works, looks nice, and is readily available, I will get these listed on the website again.

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If cleaned properly, these should not discolor on you. The single walled tips are a little more prone to discolor over time simply because of the heat touching the outer layer of the tip. The double walled tip will keep the heat inside, and the outside of the tip should stay cooler.

What do you mean by cleaned properly? Besides just soap and water during a wash?

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Just regular cleaning. With most stainless tips, if you don't clean them often, the road film can basically cook itself into the finish as the tips get hot.

lilbigtonka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want the original 5" tips no offense but these look like 5" welded to 4" welded to 2.75" then flange for clamp....not my style granted you won't see it for the money I want it good now if they were only 50 bucks I would understand, I am glad to see Matt reply so quick, that shows he cares about his customers

kcsr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think a set of these new tips would look just fine on my truck. I prefer the first/original model, but would probably buy these too.