Monroe max air shocks insite?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jon0m0berry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got a 2010 that can use new shocks. During my shopping I found monroe max air shocks (model MA837) I was wondering if anybody has used these. Reviews for other trucks seem overall positive. Only thing I'm kinda having a hard time wrapping my head around is the extra lift from the air bags will be applied to the frame by the front of the bed and not in the center or rear. Would this be a problem? Its making me think it would be harder for the shocks help with squat and what not. Any info helps. Thanks in advance.

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I considered installing air shocks when I did mine on my '16. Rear shocks are typically always angled to help control axle torque. I think you will still get plenty of added support, the angle is not that severe. FWIW, I ended up installing Monroe Reflex which helped, then added a 3/4" rear spacer, then removed the spacer and installed AirLift 1000 bags. My set up now is Monroe Reflex with Airlift's set at 22 PSI. Ride is great, rear axle is controlled and handling has flattened out considerably.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Air shocks are not ideal for load carrying. With as inexpensive as the Airlift 1000s are your better off to run those. If you use them alot a set of axle to frame airbag like the Airlift 5000s are better.
With airbags if you don't need them, run 5 psi in them as you won't even notice them effect the ride. When using airbags with a WDH be sure to set the airbag pressure before setting the WDH, you don't fully level the truck with the airbags you let the WDH finish doing that.