Mopar bed/box reinforcement brackets not needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Decided to stop by my dealer last week and actually ask about the manual's reference to needing a mopar reinforcement bracket kit if installing a toolbox or headache rack. Took a copy of the manual page with me. Parts dept couldn't find anything and it was late Friday afternoon so we decided they would do more research but couldn't imagine why it would be needed. This week, they called Mopar and were told it wasn't needed.

PBTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Looking at the same for 2022 now on page 91 of the manual. Wonder why the engineers thought this was important enough to add it as a note that “you must use”. Is there some vulnerability if they are not used? I wish we could get more clarification on it.

Aggie12

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997, now 2024
Engine
V-10, now 6.4l Hemi
Asked dealership this question today, as I'm soon taking delivery of a 2024 Ram 3500. The brackets exist, apparently. If you have ordered the tow prep package (gooseneck or fifth wheel) then the bed reinforcement brackets have already been installed as part of that package. I'm not sure if these are also included as part of any other package.

No idea why this wouldn't be part of the standard bed construction, as nobody that I know has intentions of 'never' carrying a load in their pickup bed. Every guy that I know is always thinking, if he had to, he could always load it to the max, if necessary, just in case. But there you have it. Smells like penny-shaving to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca