MORE GOODIES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Should have got the 60” if you’re ever going to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I dont belive i will ever use it its just for looks im sure as everything else on this truck since im in miami so no offroading or even putting anything in the bed for that matter. Ive just had rams from 1500 to 3500 back to 2500. And i didnt want the 60 inch because it would stick out from the front and back of the roof 48 is just enough. Even if i did have to use it the truck is barely on the high 30s from the ground so lifting it 1 foot should be enough to clear the ground. But what do i know i kinda made it a habit of buying stuff i dont need. Starting with my russian wife.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Lol. If it’s just for looks I won’t say anything about that tea cup sized Rotopax being pretty much useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I like the roof rack! Any deets on the install or did you have that done at a shop?

TXCOMT

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Took me about 1 hour to put it together in my garage. The truck pic is without the stuff on it.

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Still thinking what else to put up there. Definetively no shovel. Maybe some maxtrax.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still thinking what else to put up there. Definetively no shovel. Maybe some maxtrax.

KCs, perhaps, 'cause classic? If figured since you don't have any aux lighting anywhere else (besides the stock fogs), some big round housings up there would set your rig off! It's not like it fits in the garage now, right?

That's what I would do, anyway...heck, I may do that on my '16 Reb. It's like a baby PW.

TXCOMT

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I do want to put a light bar uo there que there is a mount for it with the pioneer rack but not sure how it would look with my stock headlights and fogs cuz im not into swapping the stocks for hids or leds.

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
But im really considering the aev snorkel. I just dont know of any good shop for that down here in miami and im definetively not doing it myself.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would LOVE to the AEV Snorkel in a heart beat... if it were priced reasonably.

It is like $500 for the open "Ram" air inlet, and an additional $150 or so for the nice Industrial "Pre Filter" Mushroom type of intake tip. So that is about $700 out the door for parts, and I am sure close to another $700 to have a good body shop install it, so the total cost rapidly approaches about $1500.oo !!!

That buys a whole lot of air filters! Sure it looks sweet. But, I think if anyone really submerged their truck to the depth that the 'water proof' intake capability were to actually be put to the test, they would have a lot more serious issues to consider... like all of their drive fluids, electronics, interior, etc.

And this comes from a guy who loves to play submarine with his vehicles... so, sadly I just don't see one in my future.

*I don't think Corvette427 mentioned what it cost him for 'professional installation' over in his Snorkel thread.

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hey Raydel, quick question on your thuren springs. Did you go with the 1/2 inch over stock or the 1 1/2 inch over stock?

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
1 1/2. It doesnt look like it in these last pics because i had the bed loaded with tools from work. But the 1 1/2 is perfect because if gave me about 1/2 inch lower than the back

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Also that heavy ass hi lift jack on the roof didnt help lol