Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeepDigger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
These look great, one point of concern, for me at least, is that the lower white light doesn't go out when the turn signal is on. The video of the f150 light, it does go out, but not on the light on the ram video. I could barley see the turn signal for the DRL/Park light whatever washing it out. Seems to me this is a safety issue, especially in the daytime, and could lead to lawsuits of others claiming not being able to see the signal.

They still look good though, just gonna wait till some reviews are out b4 dropping that kind of cash.

OP
OP
Dejaclue

Dejaclue

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These look great, one point of concern, for me at least, is that the lower white light doesn't go out when the turn signal is on. The video of the f150 light, it does go out, but not on the light on the ram video. I could barley see the turn signal for the DRL/Park light whatever washing it out. Seems to me this is a safety issue, especially in the daytime, and could lead to lawsuits of others claiming not being able to see the signal.

They still look good though, just gonna wait till some reviews are out b4 dropping that kind of cash.
The ones in all the pictures and videos were prototypes. The production ones might be a little different in that the white lights might go out when the turn signals come on, the turn signal might flash faster, or any number of minor things. I would be surprised if they did stay on with the production lights.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’m really hoping these work in the way if you already have your DRLs activated from factory they will be on just like that without having to turn on parking lights switch.

Can these start shipping out please?????? Hahahaha

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m really hoping these work in the way if you already have your DRLs activated from factory they will be on just like that without having to turn on parking lights switch.

Can these start shipping out please?????? Hahahaha

Me too, I hope it plugs right into the factory connector and nothing more is needed.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
what if we have the quad lights with no drl?

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
I'm very excited about these lights, and pretty sure it was the right decision to wait for them them....

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
If you get alfaobd you can set it yourself no matter what lights you have, its great
Does that still work on the newer trucks with the locked pcm's?

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really wish they’d make a chrome themed housing

Not everybody wants black housings but I guess a lot do sonthats mostly what they put their time into making

I agree, I have a Laramie with all the chrome it comes with and think the black headlights would stick out.

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Me too, I hope it plugs right into the factory connector and nothing more is needed.
It would seem to me that if you're building from the ground up, that you should be able to make it truly plug and play. You know what comes from the factory connector - just make yours work with that. But instead, I think I saw something that said you need an additional wire for the DRL's. If they were build it right, we won't need that

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does that still work on the newer trucks with the locked pcm's?

Works on my 2017 and other members in that alfaobd thread, I even have a DRL on/off on my screen now. Notice the DRL lamp location in photo below. You can also set them to LED so no bulb out or canbus issues.

5CA22C6A-D4D2-4FB0-99A1-3038F7B69D60.jpeg

1837BDC4-A9B1-436D-B139-EE8C40D7F6AA.jpeg

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree, I have a Laramie with all the chrome it comes with and think the black headlights would stick out.
Mines a Longhorn with all chrome up front..... I’ve done black headlights before and the look is just as good if not better. The black headlights just tone down the chrome front end a bit. Me personally I think it looks great

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Works on my 2017 and other members in that alfaobd thread, I even have a DRL on/off on my screen now. Notice the DRL lamp location in photo below. You can also set them to LED so no bulb out or canbus issues.

View attachment 148287

View attachment 148288
To bad this option wasn’t available for my 2017 since I have an iPhone..... but I got hooked up at the dealer so they turned on my DRL I just don’t have the option to turn the off or on from the screen

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To bad this option wasn’t available for my 2017 since I have an iPhone..... but I got hooked up at the dealer so they turned on my DRL I just don’t have the option to turn the off or on from the screen

My 2017 didn’t have the on/off feature either until I enabled it using the alfaobd. I have the Alfa software on an android Samsung tablet, works great

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yep I ordered a set last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm super super mad, ordered an entire retrofit kit for the D2S last week and it was the 4.0 and now the 5.0 is released. Didn't have time today but I'm calling TRS tomorrow and sending the 4.0's back. No way I'm keeping them and installing them when I didn't even open them yet and the 5.0's are the same exact price.

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those that missed out......TRS has 10% off code that works for the Morimoto XB LED headlights (or anything else they sell)

comeback10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish