ms-8 Ram 16 ra2 radio NO SIGNAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
Ok, I've install my ms-8, I took 4 signals, 2 from the front doors and 2 from the back doors. WHen I start calibration I get NO SIGNAL, I dont have a cd player, so I hooked my computer to my aux In of the radio, Everything is at max volume and still no signal! I try the Aux IN from the Ms8 and samething!
I know the speakers are good cause, I skip the calibration and when I plug my computer to the aux in of the ms8 I get music, but nothing at all from my radio
ANy help would be appreciated thanks!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
where did you pull for the speakers to tap into? This can make all the difference if you are tapped in wrong. Should always pull all of them from behind the radio. Also I know the obvious but you did cut the harness so the radio and the amp are not feeding into each other.

OP
OP
choquette

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
Yah got it working! I put 100ohm .5 watt resistors in parallel between the hu and the ms8 !

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm, really. Needed the extra load I wonder why? The headunit not see the Ms8 as a load?

wykdtr0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I pulled the signal for my MS8 from the rear door pillars without any issues.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the MS8 have enough power to drive the door and dash speakers. The ratings are silly low. Ive been in car audio for way too long, and out way too long. I would love to add a processor and amp all in one like this unit but the power does not seem high enough. I dont want to regret it.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does the MS8 have enough power to drive the door and dash speakers. The ratings are silly low. Ive been in car audio for way too long, and out way too long. I would love to add a processor and amp all in one like this unit but the power does not seem high enough. I dont want to regret it.

Great question. I'm in the same boat. I used to have some crazy systems when I was younger. My last few vehicles had pretty good factory setups and weren't easy to upgrade, so I've left them alone. Even though my truck is my winter beater, I'm really unhappy with the sound and want to do something with it.

OP
OP
choquette

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
well I have the ra2 in a 2016 and I couldnt get any sound without the resistors! I got my sound from the front door speakers and rear door speakers!

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
After reading this, I am wondering if I am going to need resistors also. Cutting wires behind HU and installing my LC6i unit after the HU.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
From what I've read the radio needs to see resistance from speakers to work otherwise it thinks there is a short or something and kills signal. I thought it was just the ra3 but guess not.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
From what I've read the radio needs to see resistance from speakers to work otherwise it thinks there is a short or something and kills signal. I thought it was just the ra3 but guess not.

I have the 8.4A, so I guess I will be ordering more parts....sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
choquette

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
Everything is good with a 100ohm .5 watt resistors! I thing I'm going to change the HU anyway but for now it does what it needs to do! Its just that the Park sensors aren't working good with the ms-8! I thought if I used front speakers and rears I could get bot park sensors sound but it doesn't work like that! OH well! If i could set the front input for the front sound and the rear input for the rear and sub speakers, it would be fantastic! Is there a DSP that does that?

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Everything is good with a 100ohm .5 watt resistors! I thing I'm going to change the HU anyway but for now it does what it needs to do! Its just that the Park sensors aren't working good with the ms-8! I thought if I used front speakers and rears I could get bot park sensors sound but it doesn't work like that! OH well! If i could set the front input for the front sound and the rear input for the rear and sub speakers, it would be fantastic! Is there a DSP that does that?

Have you looked at the Rockford Fosgate three sixty.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
So they are across positive to negative to create a load, or in series to increase the load?

You want it across the positive and negative to create the load if you need it.

I put my LOC in and did not need any.