Muffler only on 4.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
What's up everybody.. I'm still new to this particular forum but before gettin blasted I am aware that there is a search button. Haha. Nearly every search turns up information on Hemis and nothing on the 4.7L V8. I'm looking to get a little more sound out of my 4.7. I'm not looking to break the bank and I was curious if anyone with a 4.7 has done muffler only. Are there an sound clips? What muffler did you go with? Thanks for any help and input you have!

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
May need to actually do a YouTube search also, those clips are also only as good as your speakers sometimes. I want to say yes the exhaust is 3, that's what it is on the Hemi's but hopefully someone will chime in, if not just take a tape measure out to the truck.

OP
OP
SmokeycoonhoundUT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thanks bro I appreciate the response. I'll definitely check out YouTube and see if I can find something. I wanna make sure I get the right size tip too. Those things are more expensive than I thought. It looks like 3" when I measure but it's a little hard to tell cause the factory tip is angled

OP
OP
SmokeycoonhoundUT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Well I was able to find a good location to measure the exhaust and yes it is 3". Thanks again for the help

PaPa_Capinuraz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For my 02 Ram 4.7L I went with a Dynomax SS muffler
Ultra Flo
Sounds better than my 14 Hemi if you ask me...but that will soon be fixed

JohnHenry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
I have some videos up of sound with a Super 44. I first had just the Flowmaster S. 44 muffler swapped in and kept the entire stock piping setup. I later went to side exit dump like a Ford Lightning has. Haven't changed it since, sounds great!

Lil Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 2010 dodge ram with a 4.7 recently and yes the exhaust is 3" and as far as the muffler I ran it straight with no resonator or muffler and that truck sounded nice. Had a nice deep tone to it

SATXram2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab SLT
Engine
4.7 2WD
I still have resonators and cats in and catalytic converter but had the muffler cut out and a straight pipe installed. Little raspy in first taking off, but it can be fixed with a CAI. Otherwise I love it. Very deep and much louder than friends with magnaflow and flow master plus it only cost me $40