Mufflex M80 Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Evening Everybody,

On Friday I installed the M80 exhaust, and I must say, wow. It was very easy to install (once I picked up a sawzall). Each exhaust is assembled on order, but I still received mine within 3 days. Has a good deep tone, and even when it drops to 4 cylinders it doesnt annoy you. When you step on it you know it, kinda hard to have a conversation when your foots to the floor, but at cruising and highway speeds its surprisingly liveable. I was driving into the city and at speeds between 70 and 80 I could have a conversation with my wife and I barely noticed the exhaust. My wife had an exhaust on her mustang GT and was impressed with this one. Overall I recommend it, I'll try to post a video, but so far the only one I have came out a little choppy due to my phone.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
these trucks sound nasty with the muffler deleted !!!

my #1 fav mod so far without question.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They sound amazing with the delete, counting down till I can order it and me and the pops can throw it on since he's got air sockets. How easy was the installation? I've read the instructions but was it as easy as they say?

12 Ram Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They sound amazing with the delete, counting down till I can order it and me and the pops can throw it on since he's got air sockets. How easy was the installation? I've read the instructions but was it as easy as they say?

Its really easy, take the tips off for sure to keep them from bangin into your bumper and stuff when you take the dual pipes out of the muffler just need a good socket set and it looks like you have a 2012 so at this point some wd 40 to help loosen things up and to pull the metal hangers out of the rubber and a dead blow hammer help get that old rusty muffler out And you will be good to go

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its really easy, take the tips off for sure to keep them from bangin into your bumper and stuff when you take the dual pipes out of the muffler just need a good socket set and it looks like you have a 2012 so at this point some wd 40 to help loosen things up and to pull the metal hangers out of the rubber and a dead blow hammer help get that old rusty muffler out And you will be good to go

Oh yeah I'm thinking about using the penetrating oil we got because it's gonna be a pain in the butt to get it off. But I've got access to air tools so it shouldnt be that bad, would it be easier to remove the spare?

12 Ram Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh yeah I'm thinking about using the penetrating oil we got because it's gonna be a pain in the butt to get it off. But I've got access to air tools so it shouldnt be that bad, would it be easier to remove the spare?

I don't think that would be necessary I didn't do it for the mufflex install or my true dual install but you certainly can if you want probably would make it easier just make sure when the pipes go back on they rnt touching the tire....it shouldn't anyway but just something to double check and yeah any type of penetrating lubricant would work if you can start dousing the connections a day or 2 Before it will help other than that it's a simple mod I wish I could replicate that exhaust sound on my current exhaust but it either becomes too loud or too quiet the muffler delete was perfect

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wreckertc