My aircon is turning off on it's own, help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So my 2015 Ram 1500 (Laramie) is having an air-conditioning problem. I just took the truck for a quick errand and tried to replicate the issue. Here is what happened:

Turn on truck, wait for console to boot up, blast AC on full, after 5-10 seconds it cuts off. Not more air, no noises, nothing. The LCD shows it as on full though. No matter what AC setting I change, it does not turn back on. Only when I turn it off and then back on does it turn on. BUT, I turned it up to full blast right away and in 5-10 seconds it cut off again. I repeated this four more times. The last time I turned it on and clicked Auto. The AC worked flawlessly for the next 10+ minutes of the drive until one more time (from Auto) I turned it on full blast. It quit within 5-10 seconds. Oh and I have had this happen when set to 5 power (not the full 7) before, so it's not just full that does this.

Has anyone heard of this problem in Rams? I'm just trying to gauge if this has happened to enough people that there is a known fix or if not and I just need to bring it into the dealership, tell them about it, hope they can replicate it and then they can find the problem and repair it.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Sounds like I'd check the blower motor resister. It might be integrated in the blower motor in this model.

Here is a youtube video for that

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93