My batterys died but once i charged them as soon as i turn the key the alarm goes off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aiden_400ex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone, my batterys died recently so I put them on the charger, after I charged them I put the key in the ignition and as soon as I turned the key to the run position the alarm started going off non stop. I took the key out and the alarm still was going off and got out of the truck and shut the door and the alarm went off. I have no clue what is happening, someone pls help me. Thanks.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hello everyone, my batterys died recently so I put them on the charger, after I charged them I put the key in the ignition and as soon as I turned the key to the run position the alarm started going off non stop. I took the key out and the alarm still was going off and got out of the truck and shut the door and the alarm went off. I have no clue what is happening, someone pls help me. Thanks.
If you really want help, you need to provide exactly what you have.

How many "batterys" [sic] do you have in your truck? What year, what trim level, what alarm, factory or aftermarket?

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
And what does your key fob look like? Do you have the fob with the panic button? Try pushing it.

OP
OP
Aiden_400ex

Aiden_400ex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you really want help, you need to provide exactly what you have.

How many "batterys" [sic] do you have in your truck? What year, what trim level, what alarm, factory or aftermarket?
Ok I have a 2004 ram 2500 5.9L SLT 4x4, with 2 batterys and the alarm is were I'm very confused, I have a siren sounding alarm that goes off when I slam the door to hard or turn the key in the ignition, but while that alarm is going off, if I hit the panic button on the key fob it sound like the stock alarm will start going off with the stock horn beeping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aiden_400ex

Aiden_400ex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I have gotten new batterys hoping that would fix it, but as soon as I connected the new batterys the alarm started going off agian, so I jumped in the truck while the alarm was going off and started the truck, but the alarm was still going off while the truck was on. And after about 20 seconds of the truck idling it shut off by itself and it threw the p2509 code. So now I'm even more confused on what this truck is doing.

OP
OP
Aiden_400ex

Aiden_400ex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got an 05 Laramie, no siren. Have you looked for an aftermarket alarm system mounted somewhere?
Yes it is an aftermarket system I think, the last owner was my uncle but I can't ask him any questions because he passed away recently. I believe it is located under the steering wheel but there are so many wires I can't tell we're the alarm starts or end.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ok so I have gotten new batterys

threw the p2509 code
He is what an Internet search yielded;

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P2509 stands for “PCM Power Input Signal Intermittent.” This code is logged when the powertrain control module (PCM) loses its power supply. Like any electrical device, the PCM needs a complete circuit with power and ground. The PCM relies on a constant power supply from the battery.

What repairs can fix the P2509 code?
  1. Repair or replace blown fuse.
  2. Repair or replace faulty fusible link.
  3. Repair or replace faulty circuits.
  4. Repair or replace faulty battery.
  5. Repair or replace faulty battery cables.
  6. Repair or replace faulty PCM relay.
  7. Replace and reprogram PCM.
I would disconnect (all wiring) the after-market alarm system, it could be acting badly causing collateral issues. Hold back on the parts cannon until you discover the root cause and then repair that.

A wiring/connector/fuse issue is your likely problem, at least that is what the evidence is pointing to at this point. As a start, check all the wiring ground points, fuse/circuit breaker seating. I can't think of anything, anyone?

Last edited: