My bilstein safe @ 2.1 and I have ball joint issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I am surprised the stud didn't break, first, at 120 ftlbs! I don't know about your specific brand or app, but some boots have a little notch or hole to bleed out excess grease. If so, you turn the notch away from the braking surface, so as not to contaminate the friction surfsces.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kinda blurry but that grease is coming from a hole in the boot. I just wiped it off and it oozed out that much. Oh well. New one on the way from rock auto. Still no answer from mevotech customer support.
Truck is on a lift, ready for new parts
Luke
This may be a bleeder port for excess grease to expel ... the grease must go somewhere or you would never be able to purge out old and put in new , maybe you just put too much in that side . Check the other side , you may have one there as well .

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol I just read rustycowl69 s post above after I posted , too funny

OP
OP
lukedukem

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess their right side is different from mine. Or did I install these on the wrong side. **** me. Someone go look at their truck and tell me what side this new one is suppose to go one. Please.

Luke

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess their right side is different from mine. Or did I install these on the wrong side. **** me. Someone go look at their truck and tell me what side this new one is suppose to go one. Please.

Luke

So wait you bought 2 of the same UCA?

OP
OP
lukedukem

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I clicked on right side and the left was in the box or I installed them backwards. I need the passenger side. Maybe I'm dumb. But I thought the passenger side was the right side.
**** man, idk
It's very obvious I need help. So if anyone out there can look at that pic help me
Luke

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I don't remember the part numbers off the top of my head, but one ends in 7 (driver), the other 8 (passenger)

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I clicked on right side and the left was in the box or I installed them backwards. I need the passenger side. Maybe I'm dumb. But I thought the passenger side was the right side.
**** man, idk
It's very obvious I need help. So if anyone out there can look at that pic help me
Luke

Upper Left = CMS251057

Upper Right = CMS251058

When you loo at the uppers the all joint will been to the rear; if it's to the front then it's the wrong side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lukedukem

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So which side is in the one I just posted. I had to re order the passenger side. Which I was led to believe is the right side. So did they send me the wrong one. Part # ended in 8. So that says it's right side or passenger. But I got the part above.

Luke

Last edited:

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Calm down if you've made a mistake you can correct it. It happens.
Yes passenger side is right side of vehicle.
You have posted a pic with 2 upper arms then asked what side "it " is. Are you asking about the one with out grease?.
To me the way it's been described as being the non greased is for the right side.

OP
OP
lukedukem

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the one without the grease is truly for the right side then I installed these wrong sides. But I matched them to the ones I took off and they had the same curves. That why I red someone to go take a pic or look at their truck to see if I have these right or wrong.

Luke

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the one without the grease is truly for the right side then I installed these wrong sides. But I matched them to the ones I took off and they had the same curves. That why I red someone to go take a pic or look at their truck to see if I have these right or wrong.

Luke

Hopefully someone will, that has them. Is there any # or anything to id what side the are.
I haven't read the install thread for Bilstein's have you? Is there any pics of both Bilsteins and mevotech ?
It's Friday night you might have to wait for somebodies help tomorrow.
Sorry I can't be of any help I'm still trying to save money to lift mine.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser

Luke

Maybe wrenching is not your forte...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Passenger side .
P/N -58

14122eeea0b7cf298ebafc5f5f107546.jpg

Drivers side .
P/N -57

ebe11f982f7a50b9d3de1fed1516ec06.jpg
Hope this helps !

OP
OP
lukedukem

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RLK, your a life saver. That's exactly what I need thank you so much
And thanks to everyone who posted comments, negative and positive. You guys are super fantastic

Luke

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
The LOOOOONG arm goes to the front of the vehicle.
Cannot really mess it up.