My Build Sheet: 2012 1500 QC 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
The wheels are Moto Metal 951's 20x10 on 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers. The wheels are just powder coated black! The wheels would fit fine on stock suspension, just not the tires!

stokes.greg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks man I really appreciate it..its come a long ways!

I hate seeing trucks like your on here because on trying real hard not to lift mine so I can keep the descent has mileage.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I hate seeing trucks like your on here because on trying real hard not to lift mine so I can keep the descent has mileage.

I know what you mean lol, I think about better mileage every once in a while but I do love my truck and wouldn't trade it for the world lol..it gets decent mileage 12-13 mpgs!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What gears do you got?
The key is understanding the gears you have and the lift you want or look you want.
The higher you go the less MPGs you'll get do with restrictions on aerodynamics and requirement of larger wheels.
Stick with 35's and move down go 18's and find a lighter 35's are keys to staying closer to stock MPG
Plus you can also add a tuner to help among few other mods.

But i've come to learn that our trucks are money pits and our pride and joy ;)

LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
But ove come to learn that our trucks are money pits and our pride and joy ;) LOL[/QUOTE said:
Couldn't have said it better myself Andrew! lol

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Couldn't have said it better myself Andrew! lol

Sweet truck! I have a 2013 in the same color and I want to do the black/grey theme as well. Main issue is though the Big Horn edition comes with so much dang chrome. Were your bumpers/mirrors/door pulls already black or color matched?

What is that stubby antenna too, it looks nice, Ive not found any decent looking ones that fit.

So far I've only done a few mods, added a subwoofer, tinted windows, and a small "Glock" sticker on the rear window :evillol:

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Sweet truck! I have a 2013 in the same color and I want to do the black/grey theme as well. Main issue is though the Big Horn edition comes with so much dang chrome. Were your bumpers/mirrors/door pulls already black or color matched?

What is that stubby antenna too, it looks nice, Ive not found any decent looking ones that fit.

So far I've only done a few mods, added a subwoofer, tinted windows, and a small "Glock" sticker on the rear window :evillol:

Yeah that's the only downfall with the Big Horns..I myself hate chrome lol. Yeah mines just a sport so it already had color matched bumpers and black handles.

Check Craven Speed for the stubby antenna, I get a ton of compliments on it and the reception is still decent too. Subwoofer is next for me! Oh yeah a Glock sticker! What kind of Glock ya got?

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks I am going to check them out. I guess I'll have to break down eventually and buy new bumpers at a minimum lol, they seem like the pricey parts, the grill doesn't seem that bad. I'm not sure if chrome can be painted but may be worth exploring too.

My Glock of choice (for now at least lol) is my G17 G4, if my conceal carry goes through then I will look at a G26 also but may want something a bit smaller. Just fed 200 rounds through her at the range yesterday, doesn't miss a beat and keeps on tickin!

I typically don't do any stickers but the Glock sticker was real small and just an outline one and a buddy gave them to me, it actually doesn't look too bad. I can tell all the gun guys when I get a nod or thumb up driving down the road lol.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Thanks I am going to check them out. I guess I'll have to break down eventually and buy new bumpers at a minimum lol, they seem like the pricey parts, the grill doesn't seem that bad. I'm not sure if chrome can be painted but may be worth exploring too.

My Glock of choice (for now at least lol) is my G17 G4, if my conceal carry goes through then I will look at a G26 also but may want something a bit smaller. Just fed 200 rounds through her at the range yesterday, doesn't miss a beat and keeps on tickin!

I typically don't do any stickers but the Glock sticker was real small and just an outline one and a buddy gave them to me, it actually doesn't look too bad. I can tell all the gun guys when I get a nod or thumb up driving down the road lol.

You could always paint over chrome, it'll just take some sanding and priming!

That'd be me nodding haha..I love my G27 G4, almost 1000 rounds thru it and not a single problem!

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I will check in to having them painted professionally.

Got to love that 27. That's what my buddy has and we swap at the range. Love that 40 cal power!

How is the ammo crunch down ur way? Bananas here in MD

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I will check in to having them painted professionally.

Got to love that 27. That's what my buddy has and we swap at the range. Love that 40 cal power!

How is the ammo crunch down ur way? Bananas here in MD

Yup! lol..its about the same, .40 is easy to find and I have plenty of it! 22lr is dang near impossible, ordered it from Cabelas but its back ordered! I finally found some 9mm here in SC on our honeymoon lol..got two 100 round value packs for $40 each!

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Nice, it's crazy! I can't find 22lr either, well, anywhere reasonable, I found some in a shop it was almost .70 cents a round! I was like man, I used to gripe when it was up at .08 cents a round lol! I scored 500 rounds of 9mm at the Bass Pro here, got lucky, strolled in and they had a shipment, was $14.99/box of 50, not too dreadful.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Nice, it's crazy! I can't find 22lr either, well, anywhere reasonable, I found some in a shop it was almost .70 cents a round! I was like man, I used to gripe when it was up at .08 cents a round lol! I scored 500 rounds of 9mm at the Bass Pro here, got lucky, strolled in and they had a shipment, was $14.99/box of 50, not too dreadful.

That's a good find there! Not a bad price at all, actually good considering 50 round boxes of just target rounds go for $25 a box here!! All of this craziness is making me not want to shoot my guns!

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wow $25 a box is crazy. I'm hoping it all settles down soon.

albertschmitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree, I was at Scheels too late for the 9, and 40 but scored some 357 and 45 so that I can make some noise this weekend. 9 is around .80 a round and 45 right there also on the boards and ammo hoarders. Waiting for it to break loose so that I can get some ammo, the firearms are feeling neglected.:pepper:

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I just picked up 150 rounds of Blazer Brass 115g fmj off a guy off Armslist for $65! Thats a steal, basically $21 for a 50 round box! If I can find 9mm ammo, it goes for $33 for a 50 round box! Plus I found more while in SC..a 50 round box of 9 and 40 for $23 a piece, and a 40 round box of .22 for $3!!!

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Nice! I got lucky, popped in to ***** Sporting Goods and they had 500 bricks of .22 for $39.99... limit 1 per customer, I was like wow, that's a good day haha.

On another note, are your fender flares the OEM ones? If so I see they come already mineral grey, do they match up good?

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Nice! I got lucky, popped in to ***** Sporting Goods and they had 500 bricks of .22 for $39.99... limit 1 per customer, I was like wow, that's a good day haha.

On another note, are your fender flares the OEM ones? If so I see they come already mineral grey, do they match up good?

yeah I'd say good day! lol

Yup OEM flares that were already painted..matched up perfecly!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Culmer