My Longhorn 2500 photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Holy cow your truck is gorgeous!!! You must have some serious patience..

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Holy cow your truck is gorgeous!!! You must have some serious patience..

You wouldn't believe how many hours I spent finding the right truck and researching what to get. I was in US over Christmas and chatted to a guy who suggested Rams. I hadn't really heard of them, and was going the buy an F350, but he convinced me otherwise, and that was it.
The hardest part is the complete unknown. I've never purchased a car sight unseen.

Patience going very thin ! Especially now its in the country.

I'm looking forward to see it as a Right Hand Drive. Even though I've been to USA 9 times and driven over 15,000 miles its still not as comfortable to me as a Right Hand Drive.

I got the Roll N Lock cover installed before it left Texas, as I'll never be able to get one of those down here.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
This is only a reversed image, but gives you an example of what the will look like in a few weeks (Looks a lot more normal to me I guess than you guys).

ram5.jpg

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Just because I cannot wait for my truck to arrive I went and ordered personalised number plates for it.
It sure how plates work in US, but here in Australia where I live its 3 letters & 3 numbers.
eg: ABC-123
You can also get words up to 6 characters long.
In order to make it look like a standard Victorian plate, I just ordered (and was really surprised it was available):

Untitled.jpg

SWEET!

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
For those following along at home, we thought my truck had arrived in Australia, but they were mistaken, it had just boarded a container ship in California.
Due in Australia in 2 weeks.
Right Hand Conversion 3 - 4 weeks
Compliance signoff 1-2 weeks.
THEN I fly to drive it home (20hr drive).

JUST WANT TO SEE IT.... Never driven or sat in a RAM before and have invested almost $95,000 on it ! CRAZY.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Wow... But let me tell you, it's definitely gonna be worth every penny! Lol

So does it still have warranty considering all the work it's undergoing?

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Wow... But let me tell you, it's definitely gonna be worth every penny! Lol

So does it still have warranty considering all the work it's undergoing?

It has Warranty with conversion company and rest of Dodge warranty. We have Dodge here, but only 3 models: Nitro, Journey, Caliber. But apparently they will honour it.

Its going to be quite the head turner. There is an F350 and a Chevy Truck around near where I live, but nothing else even comes close.

I'm hoping to get a bunch of photos on the actual conversion process as the entire front half of inside cabin is removed and switched.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Once I get it, I'm going to order set of Fuel Hostage 18 inch black Rims, but would rather save that money till I know all is OK and its in my driveway.
If for some reason I get charged Luxury Tax, its an additional $15,000. Basically a tax on people who don't buy the crap cars that are Australian government favourites. (GM & Ford)

johnnyjaws98

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500 ram 4x4
Engine
........................ nice...........

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn $95,000 plus a possible additional $15,000. That had to be hard to swallow. But it's a nice truck!

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Damn $95,000 plus a possible additional $15,000. That had to be hard to swallow. But it's a nice truck!

Lucky for me, they are selling for about $145K here... so there is still a little money in it.

I reckon they are too good to not try this project with.

Plus, my wife loves me having a project, means I don't annoy her as much !

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Damn man. If I could only dump that much money into mods on a truck... I'd be in love haha. Your a lucky man

Tapatalk'in

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Good news. Truck has FINALLY arrived in Queensland, Australia for its conversion and cleared customs today.
I had to pay taxes, shipping, marine insurance etc... $13,000 USD.

Conversion begins Monday and HOPEFULLY in 4 weeks I will fly up and finally see what all the fuse is about.

Very much looking forward to posting some photos of a Right Hand Drive Ram !