My Longhorn 2500 photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
The difference between us and Australian currency is not much. $96,000 is like $91,500 in Australian currency.

Unless he was saying he paid 96k Australian then about 100k US.

Either way very nice truck man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
beauiful truck pictures of the right hand conversion when its done

also when reading baffs post is the voice in everyone elses head crocadile dundy?

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
lmao I wasn't going to say anything but yeah

Or even a little "A Dingo Stole my baby"... (If you get the reference).

Most people ask about Steve Erwin whenever we travel to US.

Question: My wife and I have been to the US 9 times for vacation. We have visited 40 states. Do Americans get out and do road trips around the country ? Is that something people enjoy doing. I'd guess with some of these fantastic Rams it would be a joy.

If anyone is REALLY bored, here is a link to my blog for previous 2 big US holidays (and China)Irvines on Patrol:

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360

Question: My wife and I have been to the US 9 times for vacation. We have visited 40 states. Do Americans get out and do road trips around the country ? Is that something people enjoy doing. I'd guess with some of these fantastic Rams it would be a joy.

If anyone is REALLY bored, here is a link to my blog for previous 2 big US holidays (and China)Irvines on Patrol:

i have only been to about 12 states i would like to see them all some day
i do think it is some thing all americans plan on doing at one point in there life but just never do

my plan is to when im old and have money is to drive south and hit alot of the southener interior states on my way to the mexico bordar then when i get down that way buy a trailer and pick my self up and old drop-top and tow it home going thru the cow ******* states (nebraska and like) then restore the car and a nice little tear drop and then hit the road to do all the exterior states starting in the north and heading west to cali then down the coast and back east

thats the plan but by the time im old and have money gas will be to expensive to drive to church on sunday

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...

Holy crap! 40 States, that is awesome. I have done quie a bit of traveling within the US which has totaled to about 37 states, but most people I talk to only really have their home state, Florida, and every state in between there, lol.

Congrats on that truck, that thing is SEXY! You are gonna haftaa post pics once the right hand conversions is done, that'll be sweet!

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
The difference between us and Australian currency is not much. $96,000 is like $91,500 in Australian currency.

Unless he was saying he paid 96k Australian then about 100k US.

$96k Australian. People here sell 2011 Laramie 3500's for around $135k to $145K.

We get shafted on ALL car prices in Australia. Whenever I go to US I cannot believe how cheap your "good" cars are ! My little project of getting my own Ram proves that someone usually makes a LOT of money when doing this.

Example:
Porsche Cayenne Twin Turbo is around $270K here !!! Thats over a hundred more than US (???)

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Bit of an update today. My Ram arrived in Queensland Australia on a container ship yesterday and is currently going through customs paper work and fees. It took 21 days from California.

Within next 10 days it will be transported to the Right Hand Conversion Factory where it will be for 4 weeks. Then early to mid June I will fly up and drive it the 1200miles home ! Very excited.

At least its in the country now !

Photos coming as soon as its released from customs.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Seen all the southern states and the mid west. And Cali.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Bit of an update today. My Ram arrived in Queensland Australia on a container ship yesterday and is currently going through customs paper work and fees. It took 21 days from California.

Within next 10 days it will be transported to the Right Hand Conversion Factory where it will be for 4 weeks. Then early to mid June I will fly up and drive it the 1200miles home ! Very excited.

At least its in the country now !

Photos coming as soon as its released from customs.

thats cool. bet your super excited

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Awesome, you must be goin nuts. There is no way I could be patient waiting that long

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Awesome, you must be goin nuts. There is no way I could be patient waiting that long

Mostly nervous as I've never driven one, yet alone sat in it. I'm just hoping it drives as I expect.
At least its all coming together.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Well. What're you expecting? Haha. I'm sure we can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You will love it and the power that comes with it. I bought my first HD Ram a few weeks back and it is everything I though it would be and more.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
My main query is what its like on highway. Does it have enough for overtaking etc.
It'll do more than I ever need as far as towing and carrying stuff, its the day to day driving on highway and in traffic that will be interesting.

I cannot wait to actually see the inside in person. Seen SO many photos and videos, but to see with my own eyes the fit-out and size is going to be fun.

We have NOTHING in Australia anywhere near the size of these things.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
oh it will have enough to overtake pretty much anything. implant the foot to the floor and hold the hell on! :D

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
oh it will have enough to overtake pretty much anything. implant the foot to the floor and hold the hell on! :D

And if by chance you can't pass them, just run them over

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice truck! I will definitely be interested to see how it looks after the rhd conversion.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the RHD conversion a requirement?

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
The conversion is a requirement because the vehicle is less than 30 years old and greater than a certain weight.
Plus people here would freak out at a truck of that size but no-one sitting in what they'd consider the driving seat. Makes it too dangerous.
Even though the conversion is a lot of $$$, its worth while as truck will be worth MUCH more than my total cost.