MY NEW TRUCK!!!! WTF....Paint came off at car wash!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I live in GA, they never salt the roads here, just sand. It's great! (but, then I don't drive my truck when it's nasty outside anyway)

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in GA, they never salt the roads here, just sand. It's great! (but, then I don't drive my truck when it's nasty outside anyway)

Yeah, I wish it was something else other than corrosive salt. As long as it's cheap and no one successfully sues the State for damages, they will use it. The roads here in Buffalo, NY during winter are as white as snow and that's just the salt on them.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's my system as well. Although it hasn't worked so well for me.....

I wax and seal the **** out of my truck during the warm months. Right before the very cold months, usually around November, I put one last wax and seal on to get me through the winter. I have my trucks and cars for years without rust. I'm not a big fan of spraying water, in the freezing months, only to push water and ice into places it's not meant to be. Now, obviously I cannot fix stupid. If Ram decides to spray something like foam, that holds water and salt, in the fender (for example), I'll get the rust.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We NEVER see used vehicles here from up north without rust. If you buy used from an auction you have to make sure they didn't come from up north, a lot of vehicles are unloaded to unsuspecting buyers down here.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We NEVER see used vehicles here from up north without rust. If you buy used from an auction you have to make sure they didn't come from up north, a lot of vehicles are unloaded to unsuspecting buyers down here.

haha...and up here in the north, you have to be very careful with cars from the south as most are being off loaded to unsuspecting buyers with major flood history.

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Too close with the spray nossel man. I had a similar issue with my Lexus after being too lazy to scrub caked bug guts. I ended up repainting.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i use auto car wash all the time. ep in the winter to get the salt off the truck. never had an issue,

BlackBeauty012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Putting a high pressure nozzle close the the body paint can in fact remove paint like that if its on plastic, such as in this case a plastic bumper. In my experience its better to spray from the side rather than holding it dead on. Spraying isn't always gonna get ALL the tar and/or bugs off everytime. The longer they been on there the harder it can be to get off and will require some bug/tar remover and a little elbow grease.