My Thoughts on Finally Lifting my Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I finally did it after 5 years of owning my truck I finally decided to do a lift. For the 5 years I listened to all the cons of why would you lift your truck it doesn't make sense you don't go off roading, only hillbillies do that, your going to mess up your truck in the long run blah blah blah but over the years I found myself going to the lifted section and looking at all the lifted truck pics and loved what I saw. I researched and researched and went to numerous truck shops got prices but shied away from doing it.

I found a shop 4 years ago and I enquired about the BDS lift but when the owner told me the price I decided against it. I tried to do everything from mud tires, fuel rims, light bar, sound system but I still wasn't satisfied. After banking some money and enquiring at the same shop 4 years later I finally decided on doing it (I thought the price would go down over time) nope lol. I made an appointment after deciding I would do it. I just picked it up this weekend and I couldn't be happier. Friends of mine that have seen it love the way it looks. They say it doesn't look gaudy it looks like a custom truck and it should look that way from the factory.

So for the guys that are on the fence about doing a lift I say DO IT if you can afford it. Its early in the game but I LOVE IT so far. My setup is a 6 in BDS lift with Fox shocks on the rear....Fuel Assault Rims and 35x12.5x 20 tires on Nitto Ridge Grapplers that ride awesome so far. I has Cooper STT Pros and Nitto Trail Grapplers

I am so glad you guys posted pics of your lifted trucks and told positive stories about your rides. Yes there are some negative ones but I finally made the jump.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Yes, post up some pics

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please bear with me I have never posted a pic on a computer so I have to figure this out( I don't have Facebook) but the shop did post a pic on their Facebook page its called RMS Offroad its the red truck

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Gotta have the pics lol

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you're happy with it. I was the same as you and went back and forth for a couple of years before I installed my 6" BDS lift with 35" tires. I don’t regret it at all and I love the way it looks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad your happy with it. I was the same as you and went back and forth for a couple of years before I installed my 6" BDS lift with 35" tires. I don’t regret it at all and I love the way it looks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I went into the shop looking to get a 4 in. lift and the owner talked me out of it. He said I would regret it just go with the 6 in. and i am glad I did.

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The guys at RMS did mine as well. They are awesome! Great guys as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks amazing btw! Lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Looks B@D@$$ my friend it really does ... I was going to get the Fuel Assaults myself with the Grapplers but got the RBP Blades ... but on your truck I like how they look .. great choice all around ..

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks amazing btw! Lol

Thank You. I went to them 4 years ago and when I went back recently he remembered who I was which was cool. Did you also go with a 6 in lift?

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks B@D@$$ my friend it really does ... I was going to get the Fuel Assaults myself with the Grapplers but got the RBP Blades ... but on your truck I like how they look .. great choice all around ..

Thanks appreciate it, I went with the Fuel Hostages first when my friend told me to go with the Assaults first but I think the Assaults look better on a lifted truck. Always loved how the Blades look also

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank You. I went to them 4 years ago and when I went back recently he remembered who I was which was cool. Did you also go with a 6 in lift?

Very cool! Richie and Jr know their **** and as you know are awesome guys. I did go with the same suspension set up as you. 6in bds and fox in the rear. I went with a 20x12 -44 offset on the wheels though. 35’s as well. Truck looks amazing man! Enjoy!!! Dirty hands, clean money!

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very cool! Richie and Jr know their **** and as you know are awesome guys. I did go with the same suspension set up as you. 6in bds and fox in the rear. I went with a 20x12 -44 offset on the wheels though. 35’s as well. Truck looks amazing man! Enjoy!!! Dirty hands, clean money!

That's awesome.... Richie Sr. told me to come to the shop when I was choosing my rims so I would be sure of the offset which I didn't know too much about until I decided to lift. I really appreciate the compliment I will enjoy it I cant stop looking at it in my driveway. I was supposed to go back in 2 weeks or 250 miles, I already put that mileage on in 3 days Lol

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
RMS is a great shop. They lifted both my FJ’s and a slew of my buddies trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RMS is a great shop. They lifted both my FJ’s and a slew of my buddies trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes....I had to wait 2.5 months to get lift put on and now they are booked up until Dec so they have a great reputation

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What did you go with for front shocks?

Did you already have the fender flares or did you get them after you bought the truck?

How’s the ride as opposed to stock?

I’m going through exactly what you described to a degree.

Youre truck looks awesome!! Enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you go with for front shocks?

Did you already have the fender flares or did you get them after you bought the truck?

How’s the ride as opposed to stock?

I’m going through exactly what you described to a degree.

Youre truck looks awesome!! Enjoy.

I didn't upgrade the front shocks as of yet.....I put the fender flares on after, I like the bushwackers but not a fan of the rivets so I wanted it to have more of the factory look.....I find the ride to be better than stock I had a friend drive my truck yesterday and he was impressed (he is not a fan of lifted trucks) he has a F150 but I think He changed his mind.... and Thank You I appreciate the compliment

Back to the shocks I was going to do coilovers at a later time but I cant justify the price for what I use my truck for