My transformation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Dealer called me about 5pm today and said they hadn't even looked at it. Something about being short staffed...blah, blah, blah. Still going to be a day for them to order the new CV once THEY decide that's what's needed. So if I'm lucky I'll get my truck back Friday....

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Dealer called me about 5pm today and said they hadn't even looked at it. Something about being short staffed...blah, blah, blah. Still going to be a day for them to order the new CV once THEY decide that's what's needed. So if I'm lucky I'll get my truck back Friday....

I hear ya man... The wrecker service picked my truck up and dropped it off at the dealership Thursday at around 9:30 A.M. and I'm finally getting it back tomorrow. Hopefully...

Hope it all works out for you!

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I hear ya man... The wrecker service picked my truck up and dropped it off at the dealership Thursday at around 9:30 A.M. and I'm finally getting it back tomorrow. Hopefully...

Hope it all works out for you!

Thanks man. I know how the wait is. Seems like my truck is always at the dealer for a week. I avoid taking it in except when absolutely necessary.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
well kevin, bright side is your dealer will fix just about anything what it looks like lmao

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Here's a very positive update.

As of this afternoon the dealer still hadn't looked at my truck. I told him I needed a vehicle to drive so he set me up with a rental (dealer foots the bill). I got a ride to the dealer and got the rental car. It's actually a loaded Impala LTZ with heated leather, remote start, and sunroof... not bad at all.

Anyway, I forgot I left the insurance card in the truck so I found my service adviser and told him I needed to get into my truck.

While I was there, he told me they looked at it and ordered 3 parts. CV shaft, something for the inner, and some seal....which means.....IT'S GONNA BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!! I'm so glad; he didn't even ask me anything about what happened. I have to say mad props to my dealer's service department!

The downside is that parts won't be in til Friday and they are closed on the weekends so it will be next week before it's ready, but that's fine. He told me to go ahead and keep the rental through the weekend.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
so happy for you kevin... if i ever buy a dodge new im going to your dealership... i honestly cant beleive they replaced that lmao

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks guys I am really surprised too. I know they have replaced some other questionable things in the past for me they could have tried to blame on the lift but didn't.

What amazes me even more is they didn't question where the rest of the CV was. You guys saw me hack it up to get it home. Well I threw that in the bed and forgot to tell them about it.

I love their no questions asked policy lol

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
yeah i was wondering how you gave it to them lol... did it still have the bunjee on it??

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
haha yep still had the bungee. I figured I would leave it on in case they needed to move it around the lot, didn't want it tearing anything up until they looked at it. I know how they got those kids that move vehicles around that don't care...

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Some of you may have seen the update on fb earlier....dealer surprised the heck out of me and called me this afternoon and said they got the parts in and my truck was ready to go. It wasn't supposed to be ready until Monday or Tuesday.

I get there to pick up the truck and he tells me they washed it too...that stunned me. I get out there and not only it was washed and cleaned inside and out....but there was even tire shine on my tires. I don't think I've ever put tire shine on these tires lol.

They replaced the CV shaft itself as well as the inner seal all under warranty. From the tow to the rental, it didn't cost me a thing. My service guy really takes good care of me.

All is well again!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't you just love that?