Need advice on this used RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking again into getting a replacement for my totaled RAM. After taking a trip to visit family 6 hours away and cramming into the Mazda 3 my wife is now ready for a truck again.

Just need some opinions/input

I found this 2015 RAM 1500 Express Crew 47k miles Cab 4x4. It has everything I want like:

4x4
8 speed
Crew Cab
Back up camera
3.92 gears
32 gallon fuel tank
Projected Headlamps
Class IV receiver hitch
Spray in bed liner

Pretty much EVERYTHING I wanted other than the “anti spin” differential but I would be fine without that.

I talked to the dealer and I have an out the door price if $24k negotiated. Going to go in Monday to test drive it and possibly take it home.

02054BFE-5C22-4E9C-B327-EB9B949B4074.png

E1D642A6-CECA-4D86-BF03-F61C4039B8CD.jpeg

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a great deal but fair.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Jump on Craigslist and search Ram's and see how it compares. Out here on the other coast, I see later model Laramie's for similar prices. But I do also see many priced higher so I think, like @Dinky said, it's not a great deal, but you aren't getting ripped off. Might try to get the dealer to throw in an oil change package or extended warranty to sweeten the deal.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@JohnnyMac yeah I can find lots of good deal and outrageous priced ones lol. Lol I just was just poking around.12valve Cummins 375k miles 3 different colors decent built motor 13k lmao. Trucks are out of control on the west cost aren't they? I wait awhile till I found the right price on my 2014 took me 3 months to find it.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking again into getting a replacement for my totaled RAM. After taking a trip to visit family 6 hours away and cramming into the Mazda 3 my wife is now ready for a truck again.

Just need some opinions/input

I found this 2015 RAM 1500 Express Crew 47k miles Cab 4x4. It has everything I want like:

4x4
8 speed
Crew Cab
Back up camera
3.92 gears
32 gallon fuel tank
Projected Headlamps
Class IV receiver hitch
Spray in bed liner

Pretty much EVERYTHING I wanted other than the “anti spin” differential but I would be fine without that.

I talked to the dealer and I have an out the door price if $24k negotiated. Going to go in Monday to test drive it and possibly take it home.

View attachment 174881

View attachment 174882
Seems a little high to me considering its four years old but I'm sure everything is more expensive in NJ. What does the underside look like? Shouldn't a little rust be popping up if it wasn't treated?

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2013 1500 Sport CC is fully loaded plus a 4” Rough Country lift, Fuel wheels, and 35x12.5x17 BF Goodrich AT KO2s and had 59000 miles and I paid $21,000 for it and I live in Chicago. Take the lift, tires, and Limited slip diff and I wouldn’t have paid $15,000 for it. I think you should get everything you want for the price you’re talking. Don’t settle for the first truck you see as you might be sorry and have to spend a lot more to add what isn’t there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seems a little high to me considering its four years old but I'm sure everything is more expensive in NJ. What does the underside look like? Shouldn't a little rust be popping up if it wasn't treated?
Everything here in NJ does seem to be more expensive. I haven’t looked at it in person yet but I will be inspecting the underside.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
How much without the taxes and fees? Hard to compare out the door.

Blue2500CC

Reaction score
Ram Year
‘18
Engine
Everything here in NJ does seem to be more expensive. I haven’t looked at it in person yet but I will be inspecting the underside.

Hard to say on the price, but I know here in Mi prices seem to be pretty stupid crazy as well.

Good luck finding the right truck!!! It’s out there. Maybe it’s the one you posted, or not even for sale as of today...

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much without the taxes and fees? Hard to compare out the door.
Dealer was asking $23,495. Before I even go and look at a used truck again in NJ I’ve been trying to get the best out the door price. This dealers internet sales was able to accept my offer of $24,000 out the door so with that including taxes a registration I’m not sure what the selling price is at the moment. I’ll see what the dealer does with the numbers on Monday or Tuesday.

I’ve been looking for a replacement RAM for about 2 months now. I’m fed up with the majority of dealers charging stupid fees. $495 shipping fee, $1,495 reconditioning fee, one dealer had a flat out $1,250 stocking fee plus shipping fee plus fees on top of tax license and title so a asking price of a $21,999 cane out to $29,000 out the door. They where crazy!

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I paid 25k for a 2016 sport with almost every option in the book including the mid length bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think a good price is like 19,600 or up too 20,600 also that year is the worst for the CANBUS system only used one year because of the results. you tell them what your willing to pay and low ball them also say if you really want it Ill take it off your hands thats a mind game

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think a good price is like 19,600 or up too 20,600 also that year is the worst for the CANBUS system only used one year because of the results. you tell them what your willing to pay and low ball them also say if you really want it Ill take it off your hands thats a mind game
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn’t know about the CANBUS issue

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I went and checked it out this morning and it’s a no deal. For what they where asking it had issues. Scratches but that’s fine for the year and it being black. The rear tires where bald, rear taillight was no put in properly, rear exhaust tip was hanging down, trash yes TRASH on the inside along with all the previous owners information IE name, address, phone number, insurance information, drivers license number. Never have I seen dealers that suck so much than here in NJ and PA.

On top of all that the salesman “forgot” the out the door price is he stated over the phone of $24,000 and came at me with a out the door price of over $27,000. I laughed and it looks like I’m going to just get a little beater commuter car as planned before until I PCS from this state and get hopefully FL or CA.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
My brother just sold his F150 XLT CC 4x4 with the Eco-boost motor and mileage approaching 90,000 maybe more for $24,500 in Missouri. It was very clean but pickups are getting crazy stupid for price. I figured it was worth $16,000 or so, but I guess I don't know anything.