Need Advice on Uneven Ride Height Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi there
I hav an 84 2wd, with 2.5" leveling kit on the front, extra leafs on th back, back, and a 3" body lift. It sits very high for a 2wd. Right now now have 20s, and the tire diameter is about 31". The tires don't rub, however the front left tire will occasionally hit the corner of my fender which worries me. The left front of my truck sits about an inch and a half lower than the right. Can someone list the possible causes of this?
I've repaired all cab mounts, springs, and hav checked for bent frame. It is straight as an arrow. What else can cause this lower ride height? 1.5" doesn't seem like a lot, but imagine getting a 6" lift on th left side of your truck, and a 4.5" lift on the right side. It will become very obvious.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20151007_162918.jpg
    IMG_20151007_162918.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 38

davidwilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just restored my 86 D 150 and I replaced the rubber cab mount bushings with the polyurethane ones and the shop that did mine said the rubber ones were completely shot. you might try replacing those and see if it makes a difference. I have 2 inch lift coils i got from Eaton Detroit spring and a rancho add a leaf for the rear and a body lift as well. My wheels are 16 inch and my tires are LT235/85/16 which equates to a diameter of 31.7 inches. Hope you get it figured out.

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
The left front of my truck sits about an inch and a half lower than the right. Can someone list the possible causes of this?

The left side of the truck is heavier.... fuel tank, driver, battery, column, brake master/booster. So any springs and bushings on that side of the truck have taken more wear and tear over the years. You might check the rubber isolator the upper end of the coil spring.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
take the coil out an add some a coil spacer on that side. you should be able to run 31's if you got some good springs up front. i forget whether he is running 31's or 33's but here is a pic and some video of Sixguns's truck

Oct Fun Run 2012 030.jpg