Need help asap! [emoji53]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
Well 30 mins ago I was driving my truck down a not so bumpy dirt road going about 40mph it had a couple of imperfections in it. Nothing to crazy I did hit a mild dip that the truck hugged and came back up really smooth.
As soon as I started hitting some tractor tracks the passenger front side started clunking so I'm driving trying not to hit any other bumps thinking it was just for that one bump.
Well it keeps on gaping any little imperfection in the road and it clunks real hard. So my question is did I blow a UV joint or I blew my shock out?
( I have bilsteins 5100 on the front end set at 2.1)

ANYTHING HELPS GUYS THANKS!

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A clunk could be anything from a ball joint to a busted shock mount. If it only happens when you hit a bump rather than turn side to side, your're probably looking at a broken shock mount.

The only good news, is it will probably be easy to find when you get it off the ground with some good light.

OP
OP
reddevil78

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
A clunk could be anything from a ball joint to a busted shock mount. If it only happens when you hit a bump rather than turn side to side, your're probably looking at a broken shock mount.

The only good news, is it will probably be easy to find when you get it off the ground with some good light.

Thank you for chiming in! So You'dsay is it still drivable to get it to my local 4x4 shop in your opinion? It's about 10 miles down the road

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
yeah, just go slow and easy. If it seems to get worse, stop.

OP
OP
reddevil78

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
yeah, just go slow and easy. If it seems to get worse, stop.

Thanks a lot really appreciate it! I know it could be worst than that but I did get under it right now didn't see anything loose tried to move anything and everything with my force of hands nothing moved all my lung nuts are in tight strut bolts are tight so it must have to do with the shock or spring somewhere along the lines of that.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you had the truck retorqued since the lift? I'd also be looking at the ball joints.

OP
OP
reddevil78

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
Okay guys I figured out what it was my local shop was looking back and worth like crazy test driving the truck back and forth saying it sound horrible well the owner of the shop got a brilliant idea to pop the hood.
They checked the motor and everything just in case and well that one control arm at the bottom of the k&n case to hold it in place busted. So it was clunking around what a relief!!
But I do feel like an idiot lol!