Need help ASAP with wiring jvc deck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2wdoffroader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok trying to install a jvc head unit but I can't get it to work. It turns on but no music. My locks don't work unless I have ignition turned on. Pls help what am I doing wrong? I have the two contents and ignition connected together. Any ideas?

A01854E0-B9C6-4C2F-B14B-F724E2F8F55F.jpg

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
What do the locks have to do with the wiring of the radio? Did that only happened after you tried to wire up the radio? Unfortunately I have installed radios before, but if the locks dont work are tou sure it isnt something else like a fuse preventing the locks or the amp not getting power?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The picture you posted really doesn't help much.
As a general statement, Red and Yellow (Both 12V+, one switched, one not) shouldn't be connected together.

Are you using a wiring harness? If so, when you unplug it from the truck, do the locks return to functioning properly?

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like you have a wiring problem. Why are there two yellow wires on the one side? Yellow should go to yellow. This is your constant 12V+ that will allow your radio to keep time, stations, general settings ect. while the truck is not running (memory) the red wire is your switched 12V+ which turns the radio on when you hit the key. Try and separate those and see if it helps. Use butt connectors (crimps) on your wires. They are more secure.