Need options for speaker replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you had the Alpine System - he would be right.

If it was high-end equipment, the price isn't outrageous.

$100 - Install Components
$120 - Amp Install
$50 - LOC install
$150 - FoxBox
$30 - SpeedWire
$100 - Amp Kit
$30 - Two sets of RCAs
$30 - Two LOCs
$15 - Speaker Harness

That is $625 just in parts/labor.

A solid amp will be at least $300, figure $200 for component set and $200 for subwoofer, so $700 in equipment brings you to 1325.

Add in tax and you are right under $1500.

Of course equipment could be cheaper and you could do it your self.

He was talking for $1500.00 a 3 channel Kenwood amp, single 10" sub w/ box, and 2 Kenwood Excelon 6x9 and 2 kenwood tweeters. Do you think this is a fair price installed?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I couldn't say without model numbers... but Kenwood stuff usually is a little lower than the prices I quoted. I would venture to say the price is a bit on the high side.

If you don't want to do it your self, shop around at a few local places to see what else people are offering.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
However, re-reading your first post.... just get the Mopar Kicker replacements and call it a day. Everyone seems to be happy with them and only a few hundred bucks, and the install is a breeze.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yup, plug and play.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok guys. I just got some AMAZING service for over an hour from Crutchfield via their webchat. What an amazing job this guy EDDIE did for me! Spent a ton of time helping and answering my questions and in the end set me up with all the speakers and brackets I need included...even free wiring harnesses so I don't even have to cut a single wire! here's what I ordered and I feel I will be very happy....at least MUCH happier than I an with my stock crap speakers.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CSC6934/Kicker-43CSC6934.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CSC654/Kicker-43CSC654.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CSC354/Kicker-43CSC354.html

My total bill for all 6 speakers (6x9 for rears, 6.5" for front, 3.5" dash) was $156.00

teamramrod215

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you got some on order. Crutchfield recommends 6.5" with their online fit finder, but you can put certain 6x9" in the front doors as well. I got the Infinity Reference 6x9" two way speakers and used a 1/4" spacer and they fit perfect. Just need to pay attention to the mounting depth and magnet size.

I've gotten lots of things from Crutchfield in the past and have always been happy with their service and the info they give for each specific vehicle.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just checked..and if I had purchased these 6 speakers here in Canada I would have paid $410.00 plus 13% tax...so I basically got them half price!!! I feel great!

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hopefully I get a lot better performance from these Kicker speakers than I do from my stock speakers...because the stock speakers SUCK!!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Hopefully I get a lot better performance from these Kicker speakers than I do from my stock speakers...because the stock speakers SUCK!!!
You will, hear they have great customer service too LOL

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Be prepared to have the dash speakers play in your face loud and drown out the 6x9 door speakers.

I replaced mine in the begining, and found this out as the stock are 8ohm and aftermarket was 4ohm. I ended up pulling them out for now till I figure out something.

Nice choice of speakers though, Kicker is one of the few that make a good product.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Be prepared to have the dash speakers play in your face loud and drown out the 6x9 door speakers.

I replaced mine in the begining, and found this out as the stock are 8ohm and aftermarket was 4ohm. I ended up pulling them out for now till I figure out something.

Nice choice of speakers though, Kicker is one of the few that make a good product.

You're right....the 3.5" ARE bright...but turning down the treble helped a lot. Once I install my dual 10" Alpine subs it should even out the sound in the truck.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced my door speakers with 6x9 two way Kichers, and the dash speakers with two way 3-1/2 Kickers. I also ordered the Chrysler wire adaptors which made them a easy install without cutting any wires.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I replaced my door speakers with 6x9 two way Kichers, and the dash speakers with two way 3-1/2 Kickers. I also ordered the Chrysler wire adaptors which made them a easy install without cutting any wires.

Crutchfield threw in the wires free :)

I'm looking at adding a 4ohm 10watt resistor to the dash speakers as others have done to tame down the highs...bringing them back in line at 8ohm that the factory speaker are.